The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Other than that Perez hogwash of an interview and the SL website,no one really knows what this really is
Been alot of hogwash and hysteria and no calm minds,Wayne Rooney (shock) has been the only voice of reason,so far.
The backlash would have been expected but would rather Ferran/KM
just come out and explain what it really is,the thinking and the future of the club and or the players then we,the fans,get to make our own judgements..Some will agree,most will disagree. The hierarchy made a conscious decision affecting the club's future but 'hiding' and hoping it rides out isn't the right approach

I'd almost be more annoyed if they did a U turn.

The one thing I expect is that Khaldoon, Soriano and co. Wouldn't make this decision lightly. They'd do their research, know how unpopular it was (everyone should have known this after the reaction to project restart), try to avoid it if possible, but ultimately come to the conclusion its happening and in the best interests of the club to be on the inside of the breakaway and pull the trigger.

For them to back out 2 days later and say "whoopsie daisy! Maybe we didn't think this through" Would make me question their ability to run the club long term.
I too would be baffled if this was their go to expletive........... ;-)

Last edited:
It use to piss me of when City would be drawn against/same group of teams on a few years running. Now its play the same teams for the next 23 years wow how fucking exciting.......not.

I am slowly becoming use to not caring or really bothering supporting City. It will take time after 60 years.
But I have never felt so distant from my club.
My flags are down, pin badges of my clothes off, all City clothes back in the cupboard. Just cant come yet to cancelling my Citizens card just yet as that will be the final act of being a ex City fan. I dont want to admit to not being a City as it hurts like hell to walk away. I hope something changes.

You're not getting it at all.

If the ESL goes ahead the CL is dead. There will be no money in it and there will be no appetite to be in it if the biggest clubs in Europe aren't in it.

If the ESL goes ahead the PL is dead. 6 clubs in it who won't give a shit where they finish in the league as it doesn't matter a hot as they'll still be competing in the ESL.

All integrity in the PL will be gone. Imagine this scenario.... towards the end of the season City are playing in the latter stages of the ESL with hundreds of millions of pounds at stake.

Last game of the season we're playing a relegation threatened team, a team that's currently 2 points behind the team in 17th. City field a reserve team because the ESL is so much more important to the club and lose the game leading to the team currently above the relegation zone going down.

That sort of thing will happen throughout the season. The 6 have a big game midweek in the ESL.... field a weakened team in the PL.

No integrity left in the PL whatsoever which will soon lead to the death of the league
This happens anyway ? Pep just made wholesale changes against Leeds and same again in an fa cup semi final ? All because the champions league is around the corner . This happens every year was it fergie who made 11 changes one time against a fat same team ( could be wrong there ) ? Klopp has thrown both domestic cups at the earliest stage the last few seasons , and one time didn’t even bother turning up to manage them

Off topic - For some reason can't access the site from my laptop
In what way? There seemed to be (perhaps) a dodgy Ad that was causing my desktop to freeze from yesterday, only the Bluemoon page I was on. A cache clean and restart of the browser seems to have done the job.

We're caught between a rock and a hard place strategically.
Perfect moment for the club to be peace broker and bring all parties together
Come on Khaldoon get it done...yours and the clubs reputation is at stake!!

In what way? There seemed to be (perhaps) a dodgy Ad that was causing my desktop to freeze from yesterday, only the Bluemoon page I was on. A cache clean and restart of the browser seems to have done the job.

ya , its fine now. the browser got updated

I imagine so too. I guess my point is if pressure can be brought to such companies that this is really something they should not be associated with, then the whole project falls flat on its face. Without these guys, it's dead. And in that respect, they hold the key. The PL could say to all the TV companies, "you back SL and you get no PL coverage, period". Other leagues could do the same.
It’s 2021. If clubs want to set up their own streaming service it’s not impossible to do, and then they get to keep all the money. Probably a partnership with an established broadcaster would be more attractive, but the clubs don’t absolutely need them.

Indeed.

The first thing that needs sorting, in the immediate, is fucking this ESL off so it doesn’t ruin domestic football. But that doesn’t mean anyone is happy with UEFA’s plans, nor does it mean anyone is on UEFA’s side, they just need addressing next.

Precisely, the whataboutery has been highly amusing from some fellow blues or those pretending to be. They dived in too quick and like our owner must be feeling pretty silly. The face saving is going to rather desperate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.