The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Why do you have a problem with him bankrolling Salford up the leagues? This is exactly what we are trying to defend right now, that clubs can still work their way up. Do you have a problem with us having been bankrolled for thirteen years?

Bankrolling Salford is absolutely compatible with everything he has said. If he makes the right decisions, hires the right manager, who buys the right players and they play well enough, Salford should have a chance of one day playing top European football, just like West Ham should be next season if they finish in the top four.
I've been to Salford play, that club is doing everything the right way. Investing in facilities, the squad, not leavaraging anything with debt, building community relations. Football has always had businessmen invest in their local (or not so local) side, and see no problem in that *if* it does for the right reasons and in the right way. These proposals kill that, they're a disgrace.

I imagine Amazon and Netflix will be all over this. It's a huge opportunity for them.
I imagine so too. I guess my point is if pressure can be brought to such companies that this is really something they should not be associated with, then the whole project falls flat on its face. Without these guys, it's dead. And in that respect, they hold the key. The PL could say to all the TV companies, "you back SL and you get no PL coverage, period". Other leagues could do the same.

Surely they cant be that naive, the yanks maybe, but im struggling to understand why they didint see this backlash coming. Especially doing this in the middle of a pandemic when so many smaller clubs and lower leagues are really struggling. It just looks plain awful.
Every fan probably recoiled in horror when they heard this plan. It's anti-football.

So to be honest is the new UEFA Champions League format. The game is turning into a cartel. We were targeted for years by this cartel, and now we are joining them? Big mistake. We don't defend MCFC very well, when I say we, I mean the board of Manchester City.

During the FFP dispute, it was very obvious that clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool were lobbying UEFA and manipulating their positions of power, and they moved so far that they compromised their case. It was easy to support City then. Not now.

No. For starters you are only looking at half the picture. You’ve ignored the effect on the Premier League if/when the so-called Big 6 pull out.

But they're not pulling out are they? Where are people getting this idea?

Not at this stage but it’s a strong possibility down the line if this goes ahead as currently planned.

Step 1: The so-called Big 6 start fielding weakened sides in the PL. Even if they finish 15th, they still “qualify” for the more lucrative and glamorous European Super League. Why pull your tripes out and risk KDB against Burnley and Norwich?

Step 2: PL becomes devalued as a competition. Sponsorship and TV money fall away.

Step 3: The Super League is extended to include more clubs and provide a fuller fixture list. Do the Big 6 now need the PL at all? Can’t they earn what they need in 40 games a year instead of 60? ESL plus FA Cup. Wouldn’t players prefer this to burn-out?

OK, this is conjecture on my part but please don‘t tell me the big club owners aren’t thinking a few years ahead.

Time is running out. We have few hours now.If UEFa and FA says we cannot play further, players will be pissed and that is last thing you need. If players get angry bcoz they worked hard entire season only dot them to be nit allowed to play will be sever blow. Time to play has ended and action has to be taken. PL may not expel clubs right away but uefa will by Friday so we we less time left to pull out to explain thr world and also to bring the chariman and vice chairmen down

You could be right. We'll find out shortly. But the deadlines are theirs, not ours. We'll survive either way.

Because it's obvious from the extent of the political response that this new league will not happen.

The maximum possible sanctions are required for the clubs who devised this. I think its obvious City are not one of those clubs. But we will be damaged because we accepted the invite to be a founding club. The executives of this club are obliged to act in the clubs best interests hence they should be looking to exit from this.

The rest of football will lump us in with Real Madrid and Manchester Utd. I doubt they have any interest in discriminating between the 12 or 15 founding members.

When this is done, there need to be changes at boardroom level. Liverpool were alleged to have stolen data from Manchester City over an extended period of time, and we ended up being in a position where we could not turn the tables on them when the club was targeted by Liverpool and Man Utd last season. We were facing a cabaal of clubs who have always been acting against us, and now we have joined them? Big mistake. I am not against the ownership of Manchester City but I am getting dissatisfied with the operational executive of Manchester City who don't seem able to properly assess the consequences of their actions.

Man Utd and Real Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus seemed to have hatched this plan. Put as much possible distance between us and them, and make it clear we had our reservations and have now decided in the best interests of the club and football that we do not wish to be involved.

Let us hope that there is some legal way out of this. How can City be sanctioned by a founding Super League that will never exist and is illegitimate?
Like I posted yesterday we have acted poorly. We look like a kid that has been bullied and then wants to join the bullies gang. City should grow a pair and pull out now.

No.

It's about sporting principles.
It's about NOT having a closed shop that irrevocably perpetuates the elite few regardless of sporting merit.
It's about giving all clubs the chance at the dream.

If this had come in ten years ago then City wouldn't have been one of the invited few, how would you have felt about it then?
It already is a closed shop, that’s my point.

Two clubs to blame. Two owners to blame. Both clubs in debt. This is their only way of clearing the debt. I blame UEFA for everything, for letting these clubs get into debt, for not punishing them, for allowing the directors of these clubs in debt get on the UEFA board and allowing them to tweak FFP whilst we got punishment for doing it the correct way.
UEFA have brought all this on themselves and the Two red mardarse clubs have got away with it again, UEFA didn't have the balls to punish them.

Are Khaldoon/Soriano going to front up and get in front of the camera today or are they going to throw Pep under the bus and use him as a human shield this week?

It's alright lads let's just stick a boilerplate press release on the MANCHESTER CITY website with a quote from Joel Glazer, job done right?

Fucking joke.

And before I'm accused of being naive calling for them to get in front of a camera, I asked the question because we're allegedly a better run and more conscientious club. So let them fucking prove it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.