The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
What do we gain from pulling out though?
Go crawling back to UEFA and beg to join their competition and play with PSG and Bayern, both the biggest opponents to us in world football.

Unless of course you think us leaving would collapse the whole deal which is not going to happen, they will just fill our spot with someone else.
Maybe pull out at the last minute and fuck over the clubs who have done nothing but try and fuck us over?

Why should City, so proud of our heritage, history, morals and status as a club of the people, be party to this? Why should Khaldoon jump into bed with the other five clubs who signed that infamous letter to fuck us, when he called for status quo only a year ago? Why do a select few on here think having FOMO for a boring and shite competition designed to make the rich richer and prevent clubs attaining success on merit is a reason for City to be party to this?

Inside pissing out? More like inside pissing inside.
He is here to make money. This deal makes more money than ever before and that is exactly the reason they bought us.

Surely you don't think Khaldoon cares about the club in any way the same way we do as fans?

This is the first time in my life I have been embarrassed to say that I am a City fan. All through the dark days I kept my head up high and laughed at the state of the club but was always proud to say that City was my club. Now it is embarrassing to be associated with them. Will I get the love back? Too early to say but I don't think so

And if we were one of those clubs on the outside?
Not so long ago we were and without a pot, and it felt hurtful , imagine what the owner and investors of Everton feel on hearing Sundays news, is it worth building a new stadium, why go to the trouble, when the dream of playing in club footballs ultimate trophy is denied them, it's criminal and so very wrong.

Some people on here have very short memories.

Maybe pull out at the last minute and fuck over the clubs who have done nothing but try and fuck us over?
But it won't fuck anyone over, they will just shrug their shoulders, probably take us to court for the deal we signed up for and get someone in to replace us. We get left pissing in the wind and having to grovel to UEFA before we end up with no european football and the squad puts in a transfer request.

I’m so far behind in this thread, apologies if this point has been made......Currently there are 12 teams in this super league, with 3 more permanent members, as yet unnamed, to be added. There’ll then be 5 invites for non-permanent clubs to make up the 20....what if the 3 and the 5, say “actually, we don’t think this is a good idea anymore...”?
Could the 12 end up in a perpetual Harlem Globetrotter tour of faded stars or do they go back, cap in hand to their domestic leagues and UEFA...?

I understand that Bob, But you cant just tread over everyone else to get a bigger share of the pie. Sport is and should be a bit different as it gives a huge amount of people pleasure.
Spot on. A game for the working man. Putting aside how it is run just now, it is absolutely correct that football should be run within a pyramid where each layer has a sporting chance of reaching the next layer through performance. The SL proposals break that pyramid fundamentally. Maybe FIFA/UEFA/FA could do something right for a change and legally stop any member of the SL playing any part in the pyramid that remains. I believe faced with no domestic football the clubs involved would backtrack faster than larger turns to piss.

If i can add, so every one of thses 12 clubs will play domestically and instead of CL it would be super league, right? The other clubs (not invited because, except german clubs and PSG, are not generating as much of revenues, will still compete if Champions league and Europa League), i can understand their frustration it is all about money without those super league clubs (with reserve about tottenham), CL will not generate as much as money to distribute it.

Except some exotic European leagues who qualify for CL, already it is quiet identical, many teams qualify for CL simply to get those 30m extra revenue
When the club's were negotiating for the ESL the idea was that they would all play in their domestic leagues. So domestic league games on the weekend, ESL games on the weekdays.

Then the league's have pushed back and said if you start your own inclusive league you are out of your domestic league.

Currently it seems like they are at a Mexican standoff over who will blink or cave in first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.