The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
When the Leeds fans were protesting outside the ground before the match yesterday you could see that Klopp was rattled. Now imagine if he'd have been through half of the shit that Pep and City had been through this past 6 years or so?

The fans can't protest against a faceless entity their only avenue is to protest where the cameras are and where they can actually get to. He criticised Ratboy for having a pop at Liverpool when Ratboy criticised the rags just as much if not more.

He has a very short memory, claiming not to get involved in the politics of football squirming like a maggot on the end of the line juddering on that he's "Just a coach".

This reminds me of Kerry Packer who tried this with cricket but it didn't work out. If this goes ahead who would get the tv rights and would it be another subscription to fleece us.? The pundits are up in arms now but would they take their thirty pieces of silver?
In a way Kerry Packer won.
In a similar move to this the response by the authorities was to ban the players involved from county and international cricket.
The Packer organisation challenged this in the UK high court and won on every count.
The decisions by the authorities were declared unlawful.

I see it is already a closed shop, if West Ham were to qualify for CL they have two choices. Invest heavily to compete with the likes of us and PSG, and risk a Leeds style collapse if it turns to shit or hope they finish third and get the Thursday night cup. A quick look at the winners of the CL for the last twenty years shows the lack of any real competition.
The competition and meritocracy is starting to show that is does exist and work though.

The fact the the Sky 4 is not even an entity anymore shows that (after 6 years out of 8 before City were taken over of them finishing as the Top 4 together). The fact that Leicester and West Ham can finish in the Top 4 shows that it's not a closed shop. The fact that in the last 10 years Spurs Donetsk Shalke APOEL Marseille Benfica Malaga Dortmund Galatasaray Atletico Porto Monaco Wolfburg Paris Leicester Roma Sevilla City Ajax Lyon Leipzig Atalanta have all reached the Quarter-final stages of the CL (with a number getting to the semis or final), shows that meritocracy works.

Is it perfect? No by no means!

FFP was concocted by these clowns we're getting into bed with to stop the teams above actually sustaining any threat. But Ateltico Dortmund Paris and City have shown that we can smash through that. and others could easily follow in the coming years because we were slowly eroding the Cartel's grip on things. Finally, some of them were starting to look like they were going to start fading away after financial troubles or lazy ways of being run. Madrid and Barca are in massive financial strife, Arsenal are a pathetic outfit, Liverpool have spent 7 out of 12 years outside the Top 4, Milan and Inter had disappeared from the top of Serie A for a while (with Inter almost going bust this Winter trying to win the league again)...

And then they come out with this shyster attempt to wipe their debts and keep themselves relevant with this Super League, and City have gone along with the snakes despite being at the forefront of knocking them down a few pegs.

To be clear I have no time for UEFA and booed with the best of them, but they have been in a fight for survival themselves. They have been acting as a proxy for the clubs who are now forming the super league, bringing in FFP and sanctions against City on their behalf.

It doesn't make what they did right but the motivation from UEFA was to keep those clubs sweet enough to ward off a breakaway super league. Now that has failed, UEFA no longer have to maintain those relationships and you see what Ceferin really thinks about those clubs.

The real enemy are the clubs who have formed the Super League and unfortunately that's who we're aligning ourselves with. Forget about the football pyramid - this is bad news for City. As soon as those clubs have no use for us they will stab us in the back, only this time we will have far less recourse available to us to fight it as we did while part of UEFA.
This. We arent invited because these clubs love us. We are there because they need us to get this off the ground. Once it is up and running, we become less and less needed each year. It will be fantastic when they discard us after 23 years. What happens to the club then?

It was Kroenke, Herny, Perez who tried to destroy us. They just used UEFA for it. Are you seriously this naive?!?!?

That these people now like us and it was just UEFA. Now it wasn't.

Perez just slagged us off, basically saying that we dont bring in enough viewers
You forgot the glazer's & Gill mate, I've read every page of this thread with a very heavy heart,my dream for today is that at 13-30 pep's presser,he will walk out followed by khaldoon,khaldoon has always said we will never forget the people who tried to kill us,he has also said he has many friends in eufa,I think hopefully that he has cohersed this and has stitched the istery clubs up PAYBACK but I'm most probably clutching at straws.

Its going to happen. Clubs do not leave The ECA and chairmen and executives don't resign from their roles within UEFA for the sake of it. The Leagues, FIFA & UFEA will buckle and the 12 clubs will get their way
Well given that extra info, it does seem more likely. I wasn't aware of these resignations. The doubts thst it woukd stem largely from the fact that it is almost a yearly rumour this was going to happen but never transpired. It's gone down well though. I will give them that. I think the overwhelmingly negative response may change the money men's minds.......... aye right.

We need to get ours in first, that's my only advice.

If a club is to crack, it absolutely has to be ours, otherwise we really are on our own.

Only City and Chelsea are not backed into a corner, because of finances.

The team that steps back from the brink will earn enough PR kudos to offset pretty much all that came before it.

When the Leeds fans were protesting outside the ground before the match yesterday you could see that Klopp was rattled. Now imagine if he'd have been through half of the shit that Pep and City had been through this past 6 years or so?

The fans can't protest against a faceless entity their only avenue is to protest where the cameras are and where they can actually get to. He criticised Ratboy for having a pop at Liverpool when Ratboy criticised the rags just as much if not more.

He has a very short memory, claiming not to get involved in the politics of football squirming like a maggot on the end of the line juddering on that he's "Just a coach".

Not to mention that he questioned what he and the players have done to deserve fans putting banners outside the club. They are not about you, they are about the ESL you fucking idiot. Too used to playing the victims.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.