The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Problem is, we become even more irrelevant than we previously were, going back with tail between our legs to UEFA.

Tebas in now on their payroll and he was gunning for us even before this breakaway.

This is about taking power away from Uefa. It comes to something when they can claim the moral high ground at present.

Damned if we do, damned if don't.
Tebas hasn't been ratified (or whatever the term is) yet has he? IF we are thinking of backing out then I'd want City to insist on him being binned on the agenda.

Apologies if it's been mentioned above (this thread is moving bloody fast), and I might be looking in the wrong place, but the announcement about the ESL on the official website isn't there anymore.
I thought that and then found it hidden away under Men’s Team! I had looked under News and was just messing about!

Because our execs although in the lifeboats would be soaked wet through and would never dry out in the eyes of the fans.

One or two maybe would have to fall on their swords.
The crux is how much that matters to them and they must surely have done the calculations before signing up.

Being cynical, they know a very high % of fans will still buy the TV packages and overpriced tat, demand we buy Haaland and Messi and continue to support the club in whatever way. And also that the relatively small number of match goers who give it a swerve will easily be replaced by tourists.

A complete U-turn is unlikely in my view. More probable is some mealy-mouthed PR speak claiming we were bounced into it and will be fighting from within to amend - but not kill - the proposals.

Last edited:
The club is really between a rock and a hard place here....

Go full steam ahead and join ESL - the shiekh/Kaldoon/soriano will see the £ and a huge short term cash boost, this is a business to the shiekh at the end of the day. But in essence we are supporting a number of our enemies in wiping out their debts and giving them full control over our time in Europe over the next 23 years!

Pull out - the right thing but we’ll never be truly forgiven by everyone for flirting with the idea. The cartel will also be out to get us in anyway possible in the future if we screw the ESL. We are also helping out many of the twatty clubs in the prem who wanted us banned last year - wolves, Leicester, fucking Burnley etc...we owe that mob nothing.

Cerefin’s olive branch this morning obviously is aimed at us, Chelsea and maybe Spurs. We can “break away” from the “break away clubs” with probably little more than a slapped wrist from uefa if we act quickly.

what a decision the club has to make in the next 24/48hrs. What a mess.

Perez’s ramblings last night show how crazy this idea is, he’s like a demented old man - living in the past with a sense of self importance. This is the leader of this project, it’s doomed.
It really isn't mate..........

Problem is, we become even more irrelevant than we previously were, going back with tail between our legs to UEFA.

Tebas in now on their payroll and he was gunning for us even before this breakaway.

This is about taking power away from Uefa. It comes to something when they can claim the moral high ground at present.

Said in a post I wrote earlier - City will not like Tebas joining UEFA and I assume some discussions with UEFA maybe around the treatment of City, Press leaks & Tebas - there must be bargaining chips everywhere here - But the top players & managers in the world hold the key here. If all the best say they don't want or will entertain it - this fails full stop. If they don't and go with it - then we know where the bread is buttered

They would jump at the chance of joining IMHO their owner Moshiri with Usmanov i the back ground wouldn't hesitate he's not invested all the money and building a new stadium to not be part of the elite Fuck em they, and their fans who have taken the righteous stand calling us out before they got their investment
Some Everton fans think that Usmanov and Moshiri are spending money at Everton for the love of their eyes lol. A club is an investment, you simply have owners with different approach. More, football nowadays is about money the same players will ask for top money to stay at any club ( the same in life) without money a club lose its best assets

Well uefa bowed to them so they can hardly be surprised at City.
We'll know today what Citys position is.
The last thing I want to hear from Pep is a rags/dippers history lesson. Speak for and about City alone please Pep.

To be clear I have no time for UEFA and booed with the best of them, but they have been in a fight for survival themselves. They have been acting as a proxy for the clubs who are now forming the super league, bringing in FFP and sanctions against City on their behalf.

It doesn't make what they did right but the motivation from UEFA was to keep those clubs sweet enough to ward off a breakaway super league. Now that has failed, UEFA no longer have to maintain those relationships and you see what Ceferin really thinks about those clubs.

The real enemy are the clubs who have formed the Super League and unfortunately that's who we're aligning ourselves with. Forget about the football pyramid - this is bad news for City. As soon as those clubs have no use for us they will stab us in the back, only this time we will have far less recourse available to us to fight it as we did while part of UEFA.

If we break from the breakaways first we can dictate terms to UEFA as the first break in the line finishes this. If we go to UEFA day we’ll quit the Super League but we want Woodward’s old seat at the table I think we’ll get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.