The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Not sure what the score is with Bayern but don't BEIN Sports have TV rights to the CL until 2024, meaning PSG can't realistically put their name to the Super League until then at least?
By 24 this thing will be dead if it ever gets off the ground

I've sat back on this over last 48 hours and I think I'm just about breathing normally. I am just waiting on Peps news conference ahead of the match tomorrow as I think a lot will come from his reaction, so I'm waiting and seeing.
A part of me hopes and prays that we have signed up to this thing only to in the end fuck these guys over. The inside man phrase springs to mind.
These other bastards have manipulated UEFA for years to screw us and that's been evident with the UEFAs presidents comments calling them all snakes. I predict we will be the first to withdraw and we will stab these fuckers right in the back.
I read somewhere that we were the last to sign up too so I do think we will be the first to go. So my reaction at this moment is just watching it all unfold day by day until all major meetings have been had with all relevant bodies and governing bodies.
I'm not walking away from the club that my whole family has supported their whole lives over an announcement which happened 48 hours ago! There's still too much to happen yet and everything at the minute is just reaction, which I get I've been through the same as every fan, before I get criticism.
As I've stated earlier the next biggest step in this is Pep's interview. If he is as honest a man as he has always come across then he will answer questions about this new proposal. If the club don't allow any questions and he doesn't answer then we know and I know where the club lies with it and I may well be considering my first ever protest along with I'm sure tens if not hundreds of thousands of fans up and down the country.

Of course if it's Ed Woodward it means fuck all.

In fact it's interesting they're discussing 'not backing down', suggests that someone is considering backing out.

This actually fills me with more hope this will crumble when us and Chelsea back out. Posturing from the yanks trying to call our bluff. Well come on city, in the words of Delia ‘Let’s be having you’, now is time to act.

Of course if it's Ed Woodward it means fuck all.

In fact it's interesting they're discussing 'not backing down', suggests that someone is considering backing out.

All the sources seem to be anonymous, the media can make anything up they want. Whilst we are waiting for Pep who is the manager of our football team we are missing the point that the people who employ him should be the ones giving the statement.

Fans of clubs want clarification from those who actually made the decision.

Its not Everton specifically but people seem to think this all began recently. This started with FFP. Everton and the other clubs sat and watched while we were dragged through the mud, all because we dared to challenge the cartel. I refuse to believe that the people in charge of these clubs were too stupid to see what was actually going on. They did nothing. They all want to do something now though.
During times of crisis, people should pull together, not nit pick and blame others or say "where were you" at other times.

This is a problem with society as a whole. Far too many seem inherently obsessed with splitting everything up into factions and pointing the finger, looking to give shit to someone else instead of taking responsibility for what's going on and pulling together to get the best outcome.

Did City do anything about Bury or Bolton's demise? No, we sat around and did nothing to help two local clubs. But i wouldn't expect Bury and Bolton fans to start having a moan at us about that.

We need to get ours in first, that's my only advice.

If a club is to crack, it absolutely has to be ours, otherwise we really are on our own.

Only City and Chelsea are not backed into a corner, because of finances.

The team that steps back from the brink will earn enough PR kudos to offset pretty much all that came before it.
Its like when the cops arrest two people responsible for a serious crime: the first to start singing gets the plea bargain

I really think we'll pull out at the very last second and leave these red mardarses and the rest high and dry.
How can we not forget they wanted us hung drawn and quartered, how can khaldoon not forget?
I smell a cunning plan that even baldrick would be able to carry through...
It's a comforting thought but we will forever be tainted by this episode regardless of how it ends up.
We lost any right or pretence to the moral high ground on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.