The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It's less than a year that City got wind of the letter from the Premier League top nine asking UEFA to ensure we did not drag out our court case.

It came from the same chambers. I don't believe for a second that Khaldoon hasn't forgotten stuff like that.

He has just added his name to the next letter.

The Super League as currently constructed is shit but the current iteration of the Champions League is also mostly shit, and UEFA is definitely shit, except they manage to make billions of euros despite their incompetence. If the end product of all this will be a better European competition (not the current one) which cuts out UEFA that's ok in my book.

If and when SL collapses, I do wonder whether the US owners will look to leave the football clubs as cash cow is unlikely to bear fruit.

Cant keep drawing dividend with the level of debt they are all carrying.
I would really fucking hope so. Go invest in your MLS and buy every player ubwant. Let the scorched earth of european football heal and regrow with home grown coefficients and a salary cap. Let the greedy fuck off stateside if they want.

If the government are serious about the 50+1 model, City would have the most to lose from this. I'm not saying that at 51% fan run City would be a bad thing, but out of all the owners in the Premier League, we have got by far the best (if they climb down on the ESL).

I'm not sure our owners would stick around if their interest was capped at 49%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.