The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I've slept on it and i will be honest, I don't feel that strongly or angry about it at the moment as i dont think we have the full facts of what this is going to look like. This is all a natural evolution of where the "game" has been going for the last 30 years. Football at this level is no longer a game, it's a business. That doesn't mean the consumer can't enjoy it. However we (as fans) have to realise that, and try and enjoy the sport for what it is, as sad as what it has become over the years. From the First division to the Premier league. European Cup to Champions League. Its geared to make money.
All this talk about competitiveness - the Champions League is a closed shop anyway for the big leagues - in the last 20 years, only one English club outside the big 6 has made the group stages of the CL - Leicester (might be wrong there)
And UEFA - don't make me laugh about them being the moral arbiter of the Sport as they are seemingly trying to proclaim - they talk about this "spitting in the face of fans", meanwhile they pass legislation which expands the CL by 4 teams and 100 games in 3 years time - and re-engineer the competition so the big clubs & UEFA benefit again.
City have become a global team over the years since the takeover and are ran like a well oiled business to make money.
Its never going to be the same City from years ago, its changed and evolved and this is where we are in 2021.
Spot on. It stinks but it’s pointless getting too dewy eyed when we and other fans have gone along with it for years. The direction of travel has been clear enough.

We’ve even had threads clamouring to pour £1m a week down some 35-year old tart’s throat. Dissenters were called small time. Sometimes by posters who are now howling at the moon. Now there”s heritage and principles for you.

Last edited:
To not sign up.
Both our management and Chelsea's management - under the gun - reluctantly did sign up. It's a horrible idea - but when the mafia comes and gives you an ultimatum that you can't refuse... how can you refuse?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.