The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Says somebody knowing the square root of fuck all about

Do fuck off as you clearly know nothing about the situation
Maybe because the club has announced it and then done the equivalent of hiding behind the fuckin couch.
I'm not asking Pep to come out and defend the clubs position but I think asking his opinion on whether he think its a good idea is entirely relevant.

How difficult can it be to write a club statement exiting the ESL? You have no choice City. Just get it done, and allow us to get back to football.

Interestingly, yesterday City edited out "Manchester City" from the statement. Now it just stays "Twelve of.." rather than "Manchester CIty are one of twelve..."

We won’t back out until city get the changes they want. Hold your nerve city, watershed moment coming up.
I’m still hoping you are right.
The silence from the club in these situations has always been the same despite all the white noise and rubbish that has been said and written about us in the past.
We’ve always kept our powder dry until we actually had something factual and substantial to say.

I’m hopeful that this is what we will ultimately see. But football itself has been exposed to the world. There can be no going back from this. The media, those that were our biggest critiques are now using terms like Americanisation, Cartel now that they think we are in it and are seeing that this started with the monetisation of the PL and it was basically the same teams then that wanted that.
If we were to pull out and the SL does get halted/stalled for now, how will it be viewed and how will these American owned clubs be vilified like we were?

I watched a football financial expert on BBC news at lunch today. They knew this was coming. Football cannot sustain the billions of debt that these so called big clubs are in, but football in general all the way down the leagues is in colossal debt.

We hate UEFA and they are as culpable as any body for allowing this to happen and in particular how they have treated us.

I still see this very simply however.
Why did they hate us so much?
They didn’t?
This was always a power struggle with the cartel who wanted pretty much what they want now. They wanted the control and have been behind FFP and every other nefarious measure used against us through pressurising UEFA to punish/ban/exclude us and skew regulation against us.

We overcame all that and through this Covid/recession although we have been hit too, we are in a far better position than the debt laden chief components of this cartel.

So we now seemingly are going along with this cartel that we know want to play catch up with us by these measures to take back control. This is the part that although it does appear that we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t, doesn’t sit well with me morally, but more puzzlingly, it doesn’t make sense to me from City’s point of view.
These are still the real enemy. Those clubs/franchises that will seek to control the game whatever governing body is ultimately in charge.

A lot of us are being seen as being overly emotional about this. I’m not emotional about it at all. We have been discussing this inevitable eventuality in here for years, so no real surprises here.

The only real surprise is our decision to go with it at this time and in this manner. But as I said at the start. The club have said nothing and from how we have dealt with these things in the past, I actually find this encouraging.

We live in hope still. Let’s see what Pep says about it, if anything.

everything black and white in your world , obviously.

A place on the board awaits you.
You suggesting we have someone who actually supports City on the board underneath your sarcasm? This issue is black and white the club don’t give 2 fucks about it’s true support and have been showing it for years by trying to squeeze every last penny out of its core fanbase. Absolute scum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.