The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
surely the danger for UEFA and the PL is banning clubs dilutes their own offer to fans and TV? Hamstring the clubs by saying they have to have a PL squad and a separate ESL squad. That way most of the finances are swallowed up buying expensive players so you can maximise your take in the ESL which has no on pitch benefit for the PL squad.

Ok i am assuming you are pointing to the coefficient based allocation to different leagues then. BEcause as far as I can see in CL as of now no one is guaranteed a place next season unless they perform in the league and that is still infinitely better than these 12 greeds being assured of everything for eternity.

Both are shit. Sadly there doesn't seem to be an option to go back to what was or create something better. I was hoping we were using the SL to force UEFA into change.

Everybody knew what he was getting at

Of course. As I say, he was understandably flustered as a result of having to firefight on behalf of not only himself but the club.

It think it would be naive to believe Pep is not in possession of all the facts as they stand, certainly more than the average person in the street who has already reached a national verdict that this is bad for football.

From my take, he is in favour of a European Super League but wants the caveats most of us would be more palatable with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.