The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Why would signing up and then withdrawing be part of the cunning plan?
We could just have stayed away, taken the moral high ground and let the other greedy bastards take all the shit.
We missed a trick by joining up.
My guess would be that by signing up puts us with that list of clubs (the elite if you want to call them that) and the revenue comes flooding in and if the rumours are true about us signing up last means we weren't overly keen on it anyway. Either that or they didn't want us in and invited us last minute, who knows, nobody knows. Just my interpretation on it.
Then withdrawing means that actually the owner/board might have been right in the first place and we back out. Probably still receive negative press as always but at least we walked away.
The owners probably thought staying away would have been bad commercially once everything has settles down but we had insight into the dealings albeit little. I believe the owners/board were put into a loose/loose and ultimately had to accept it. I hope like you that we do withdraw.
The only reason why sky are in overdrive is because they won't get the TV rights and UEFA has been slowly going down hill when BT took over the TV rights. This super league will be bought by Amazon. £££. Lets not forget it wasn't so long ago UEFA changed it's format from an all champions from each league knockout competition to what we see today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.