The taste of defeat is back and I like it

VOOMER said:
kiam06 said:
Let me clarify the reason I 'like it' isn't because I don't are I had to face an army of armchair rags at work today it's because it was the final straw to sort this crap out and a warning to our hierarchy and players that will remain that they need to step up and start producing the goods.

We've won all the important derbies of the last few years let's be honest if you could give them one it would've been yesterday when we weren't expected to win.

wtf?
We've won 4 out of 15 games and have a team that couldn't care less. Even the rags with their long ball tactics and average side knew they'd beat us yesterday.

So not sure why 'wtf'?

Can't defend aerial balls into the box. We were top of the league, then Everton & Arsenal happened.

More examples yesterday, away at Burnley too. It was similar last season in some games however we scored more.

kiam06 said:
We've all been guilty of taking our success for granted this includes fans and players alike and defeat yesterday albeit annoying is exactly what the club needed.

This season even at home I can count the number of convincing performances on one hand, often we have been rescued by an individual moment from Aguero and the team has got away with it as a result.

Truth is we have been disjointed for a while now and never replaced the energy and work rate in the team after De Jong and Tevez have left.

Our focus seems to be on bringing in fancy skilful players which is great but when there is no core work rate to back this up we look average at best.

The FFPR haven't helped we all know they were designed to at the very least stall us if not stop us but this summer the club has a real opportunity to get it right both on and off the pitch.

Pellegrini should be treated the correct way and either have his hand shaken in the summer or finish his contract depending on whether a replacement is ready to come in which for me has to be Guardiola we cannot accept second best.

The club needs to remember what brought us to the point we are today it was the hunger and desire to get back to the top and yesterday should serve as a reminder to all that we are not as good or as big as we yet think it had to be earned the hard way.

All being said though I'm convinced our owners will get it right as they simply do not fail in what they do.

Keep the faith blues it will come.

Spot on bud.

I don't see why you would like it. I don't want to be brought back down to earth, I want city to be the best team possible.

I can only see one positive from this run, we will be about 3rd favourites to win the league next year. If we rebuild in the summer, at least the new squad won't have as much pressure as previous seasons.

Some people need to calm the fuck down and read what he's actually saying. I'm not going to decipher it for you but his point is really well made. It's time for a reality check from fans and players alike.

Two league wins in 3 seasons and a couple of cups too is a very good spell.

In the last fifty years the long periods of domination of Liverpool and United have been better, but many good teams like Leeds, Derby, Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal have only managed two league wins before falling apart and needing major rebuilding.

I'm still amazed and grateful that City have done so well recently as when ADUG arrived on the scene I did fear that they'd become the first rich club to win nothing in a typical City way.

I don't mind getting beat. I honestly don't. Maybe I'm a lesser fan because of it. When we get beat by a team who had more luck or more desire though, that's when I feel the sting.

Always hated the taste of defeat and always will. Don't care if we played well or played shite if the result is a loss. It leaves an even worse taste when it's a loss against the rags.

This past few months have made my bile rise again and again but I'll keep coming back for more as I have since '71 because I'll always support City no matter the result game by game or season by season. These past few years have been the best (except the past few months) and I'm looking forward to more in the future :)

C.T.I.D

SlivaNgoals said:
Some people need to calm the fuck down and read what he's actually saying. I'm not going to decipher it for you but his point is really well made. It's time for a reality check from fans and players alike.
I think you need to re-read it.

Derby "defeat yesterday albeit annoying is exactly what the club needed."

What kind of rubbish is that and you say we should re-read it. What is wrong with some people?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.