The team next year.

-------------tbh--------------
tbh----tbh------tbh---tbh
-----tbh------------tbh-----
tbh-----Sliva------tbh---
------------Aguero----------

Teams tend to have a maximum of 4-5 year cycles. Our best players; kompany, zab,yaya, silva and aguero have all been here for at least 4 years now. It's time to have a new core of world class players to win this club more success. Out of those players I can only see silva and aguero having futures here, maybe kompany too if he turns his form around.

We need at least 2-3 world class players who have tenacity and leadership qualities too. We basically need a new spine to the team. Big big summer for city. We should only be targeting players under 23-24. The likes of pogba, sterling, Veratti.

How much money will we have to spend under FFP
I'm worried that we are not going to spend as much as people are thinking

We don't need huge changes, we just need to add 2 or 3 of proper quality (Kun & Silva level).

Jovetic, Dzeko, Nasri, Navas and Fernando would probably fetch around £60m between them.

Get Bale and Pogba and either Sterling or De Bruyne. Job done.

im worried about the fact that we cant financially cover the rebuild that this team needs.

1 new world class CB (30m)
2 new wingbacks (one left & one right - to replace Kolarov and Sagna who have both been dreadful - lets say 15-20m each, unless we go for Dani Alves)
1 new world class midfielder (Pogba? 60m right there, if we sell Toure well it can be done. Koke is the more realistic option here, 40~mil is semirealistic for him)
atleast 1 new winger (more if Navas is sold, which he should be cause hes been terrible) - 30mil atleast

the only position I think were fine in is strikers, Aguero/Bony/Jovetic + one of the younger lads like Cole can do the job fine. sell Dzeko.

that brings it to atleast 60mil net spend, if we sell Kolarov/Manga (almost impossible)/Yaya/Navas/Dzeko.

can anyone see us spending that kind of money with the holistic Barcaboys?

Hart, Heaton, Gunn

Zaba, Clyne, Clichy, Gaya/Kurzawa, Angelino

Kompany, Demi, Mangala, Denayer, Boyata

Pogba/Koke, Fernandinho, Fernando, Schneiderlin/Kondogbia

Silva, Navas, Sterling/Bale, Reus, Lopes, Barker

Aguero, Bony, Ambrose/Pozo/Cole

Manager: Carlo Ancelotti/Patrick Viera/ Jurgen Klopp (have PV as no.2 if not appointed)
Formation: 4-2-3-1/4-3-3

Signings in would cost 178m- 213m
Outgoings will bring in: 96m

Bring on the summer!

For me we don't need many transfers. Our team is good, but need someone new for the manager, to bring something new in this team. I think we Should sell Dzeko, Kolarov, Jovetic(i really like him, but.......) Nasri make some big matches like away's Roma match,but he is really erratic. That's the player we can sell, becouse who will give more than 5M for Fernando or Sagna..... If we are in top 4, we can make something good during teh summer - Pjanic, De Broine(the most realistic one) Pogba is the best one, but so many teams are fighting for him and its very posiible wanting to stay in Juve, Koke have 60M transfer clаuse and again it's very hard to sign him. I don't like Sterling and BArkley, just they are not good player, and their value is over 40M - Holy shit..... Reus, Pastore are good ones, i see Bale many times, but this i so unrealistic.

I only hope to not buy expensive overrated players like Sterling and Barkley.

After this afternoon's debacle I'm minded to ask which team we're discussing on this thread - is it the one we put on the pitch or the management team. I suspect Txiki can argue that the players brought in in August 2014 won us two trophies and set records for scoring goals, and we shouldn't forget that. Whether that argument will save Manuel's remains to be seen. The players to be brought in will obviously depend on who is here to bring them in. My own belief is that we'll give up on the idea of winning the CLnext season and view it as a 5 year "project". Along with this redefinition of timescale we'll ditch the pipe dream of bringing Ronaldo or Messi to City. Instead we'll be asking which young players are going to be the best in the world in 4 or 5 years time and we'll get them to City now. This may be Pogba and Bruyne or maybe players we haven't yet considered. This should solve the problem of energy levels so apparent this afternoon. Secondly, I think we'll see the first promotions of our youngsters to the squad, not to play 40 games a season, but to begin figuring regularly in the squad and to get some pitch time; Lopes, Angelino, Pozzo, Rekik and Denayer must, I think, all come into the reckoning. Who will leave I don't know, but Txiki's ruthlessness and determination are not to underestimated - it was he, after all, who sacked Rijkard and got rid of Ronaldinho a year after winning the CL withe Barcelona. I still think they want Guardiola, but how long they'll wait and if he'll come at all are the questions.

BenLlewellyn said:
Hart, Heaton, Gunn

Manager: Carlo Ancelotti/Patrick Viera/ Jurgen Klopp (have PV as no.2 if not appointed)

Bring on the summer!

Those central defenders fill me with dread

Daz_Blue said:
BenLlewellyn said:
Hart, Heaton, Gunn

Bring on the summer!

Those central defenders fill me with dread

as long as the midfield is younger, hungrier, and energetic and the wide players quicker, harder working, and the some semblance/training of defensive shape I think we should be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.