The Titanic

I think they are done for , sky expert just said no one company has the tools to get the sub up so it is an effort by different countries , some cant get there in time , very sad but i dont believe this will have a happy conclusion

No I don't think so either. This banging every 30 mins sounds like a red herring. I'm sure iv heard of that sort of thing before and it was miles away. Sonar travel hundreds of miles.

It certainly seems unlikely anyway.

I wonder when the tourist trips to the stricken sub wreck will start. Hmm.

Another pertinent point that's already been addressed, why would you paint something like this ocean grey? If they were fortunate enough to rise to the surface when it malfunctioned then wouldn't a flourescent orange or yellow make them much easier to spot? Or is that simplifying it somewhat?

Tragically, everything about this operation seems shoddy. Made all the more angering when you consider the wealth of its designers.

Off the top of my head...
If the sub is snagged they will take cutting gear.
If it is on the surface 20 miles away they narrow their search.

So far what you've said:
Mariners wouldn't know morse code!
You (not the rescuers) KNOW that the banging is them.
You don't believe knowing that the sub is tangled, powered, on the surface or not... none of that is important.

Are you Simon Jordan?
Who will take cutting gear? there are very few platforms that can operate at those depths, let alone have cutting gear capability that are readily available where needed now. If time were more plentiful, then a more capable rescue platform could maybe get there and all bases for rescue could be catered for.

If it were on the surface, it will have been spotted.

They are not mariners and would unlikely know morse code. The pilot may have some knowledge, but under the circumstances, his priority will be simply to make a noise by repeat tapping at timely intervals.

No, I don't know that the noises are from the sub, but if noises are being heard, what do you think it could be causing them considering the remoteness of the area and depth of water?

As above, with the timeframes involved, knowing whether it is tangled or has no power is sadly irrelevant.

I'm not Simon Jordan, just someone with experience in subs and escape training if stranded on the bottom

We're clearly not going to agree on this, so will leave it there and simply pray they are rescued alive

Another pertinent point that's already been addressed, why would you paint something like this ocean grey? If they were fortunate enough to rise to the surface when it malfunctioned then wouldn't a flourescent orange or yellow make them much easier to spot? Or is that simplifying it somewhat?

Tragically, everything about this operation seems shoddy. Made all the more angering when you consider the wealth of its designers.
I agree, the captain has been on tv before saying he gets a thrill breaking the rules , sound like a right dickhead

Not seen it bud, but most films with Subs feturing are eye brow raisers, mainly I suspect as they are just guessing how they operate and what their capabilities are
The only sub I've been on us the USS Drum, on display alongside the USS Alabama. Tiny thing in comparison to modern sub's. I have worked with quite a few qualified submariners through, and chatting to them some of the things portrayed on film are fairly accurate and other things are poetic licence at best.

I think they are done for , sky expert just said no one company has the tools to get the sub up so it is an effort by different countries , some cant get there in time , very sad but i dont believe this will have a happy conclusion
I think this was always going to be the case. Rescue equipment for that environment was never going to be readily available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.