The Titanic

I mean, of course it can’t be opened from the inside when doing so would immediately kill everybody on board. Opening it from the inside serves no useful function. It’d be like having a handbrake on a spaceship.
You're telling me space ships can't do doughnuts and handbrake turns? Dreams ruined...

As a reformed caver/potholer, you'll never understand that sense of exploration unless you've ever been into it yourself. Given affordable chance would I like to see the world's most famous ship wreck? Absolutely.
Can I just say, as someone who has tried potholing you're fucking mental. :-)

Dont think it helped that the first time I went down one it was a Grade 4 and it put me off for life.

A submersible operated with a game console controller, the people that got into that death trap must have had more money than sense.
This is my thinking. I absolutely understand why someone would want to undertake such an adventure, I would too. But having had a look at the technology and the size of the thing I wouldn't step aboard in a month of Sundays. It hardly scream safe or remotely comfortable to me, incredibly poor judgement from those on board.

This is my thinking. I absolutely understand why someone would want to undertake such an adventure, I would too. But having had a look at the technology and the size of the thing I wouldn't step aboard in a month of Sundays. It hardly scream safe or remotely comfortable to me, incredibly poor judgement from those on board.
Yes I would love to see the wreck but the vehicle used would have to be approved by James Cameron before I stepped into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.