The Title is there for the taking...

bondsman said:
Ducado said:
Marvin said:
No need for as many teething problems. Why change the defensive routine at set-pieces? Why play with an out and out winger and two up front?

And we've got too many forwards which is going to hamper us. You need a workable number of players who each get enough games to keep match fit and the team settled.

Frank Clark was thought of as a wily old fox when he came to manage City. Dr Venglos was very well regarded. Spurs had some highly regarded foreign coaches too who were total disasters.

Mark Hughes will be looking forward to turning the knife, and then Utd await. Was all so predictable and all because Pellegrini couldn't pick a solid team at Cardiff. He claims he knows about the Premiership. Anyone who knows English football knew full well just how difficult that game was likely to be, and we played it like mugs.

-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:34 pm --

And Hull? That was much worse than Cardiff which was complacent attacking and one off defensive errors. We still controlled that game even if we made mistakes. Against Hull we were desperately trying to keep and retain possession but never managed a single sustained period of pressure in the entire game

Bloody hell Marvin what on earth has happened to you mate!

I have never read you being so negative about the team

Unfortunately I think a lot of what marvin says is spot on. I can't see anyone but Chelsea for the title sadly they have a better squad and IMO a better coach. I think we can get 2nd spot and I'd love another trip to wembley
You have come to that conclusion after 3 games? I think people are being to rigid in their thinking and once again in the grand old tradition of Bluemoon painting themselves into a corner

BlueAnorak said:
B\connellblue said:
If we persist with a pairing of Yaya and Fernandiniho we won't be taking the title back. If pellegrini can't see that then he will be lucky to see the new year in as city boss. Fuck me is it really that difficult to see Yayas failings? Get yaya further up the pitch and either Rodwell or milner to partner Fernandiniho and we'll have a chance second to none.

I think you may well be correct.

He is

Tbilisi said:
BlueAnorak said:
B\connellblue said:
If we persist with a pairing of Yaya and Fernandiniho we won't be taking the title back. If pellegrini can't see that then he will be lucky to see the new year in as city boss. Fuck me is it really that difficult to see Yayas failings? Get yaya further up the pitch and either Rodwell or milner to partner Fernandiniho and we'll have a chance second to none.

He is

Indeed he is.
But please let it be Milner that comes in rather than Rodwell

chesterbells said:
Tbilisi said:
BlueAnorak said:

He is

Indeed he is.
But please let it be Milner that comes in rather than Rodwell

Defensively the pairing of Yaya and Fernandiniho doesn't work and giving them more time to gel will just cost us games. With Barry gone (big mistake) I second the vote for Milner !
CTID

Has Milner ever been a holding mid though? We've hardly ever played him in the middle at all, and at Villa wasn't he more box to box? Does he have the defensice discipline required? I am not saying he does not, I just don't know. I would say Rodwell is a better bet, personally, although I like Milner very much.

In our next home game we have an opportunity to drive a really solid nail into the rags title challenge. If we beat them - and I expect we will - they will have lost to us and the dippers and drawn at home to Chelsea. So they will have taken one point from three fixtures which they took nine from last season. It is very early in the season to write them off and I don't do so, but it will be difficult to see how they will make up that sort of ground as against both City and Chelsea.

Chelsea have not looked particularly threatening so far. They were solid against United but they did not dominate. They were unconvincing in their opening fixture. They are gelling like we are and they may go on to run away with the title, but I really don't think so.

This season will in my view be very close for a long time - Chelsea will drop points along the way just like we will. The head to heads may prove decisive.

Inter Me Nan said:
So they will have taken one point from three fixtures which they took nine from last season.
Six, they lost to Chelsea at home last season.

You are right, it was away at Chelsea they won (dodgy Howard Webb penalties and two Chelsea players sent off IIRC)

Chelsea did win at the swamp, but the title race was over by then

Chris in London said:
Inter Me Nan said:
So they will have taken one point from three fixtures which they took nine from last season.
Six, they lost to Chelsea at home last season.

You are right, it was away at Chelsea they won (dodgy Howard Webb penalties and two Chelsea players sent off IIRC)

Chelsea did win at the swamp, but the title race was over by then
Fair point.

Chris in London said:
In our next home game we have an opportunity to drive a really solid nail into the rags title challenge. If we beat them - and I expect we will - they will have lost to us and the dippers and drawn at home to Chelsea. So they will have taken one point from three fixtures which they took nine from last season. It is very early in the season to write them off and I don't do so, but it will be difficult to see how they will make up that sort of ground as against both City and Chelsea.

Chelsea have not looked particularly threatening so far. They were solid against United but they did not dominate. They were unconvincing in their opening fixture. They are gelling like we are and they may go on to run away with the title, but I really don't think so.

This season will in my view be very close for a long time - Chelsea will drop points along the way just like we will. The head to heads may prove decisive.

I agree with this post. Keep in mind too that Chelsea have to play Everton in their next game, I could see them dropping points at Goodison. If City can win at Stoke, then the derby could be the T/KO to the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.