The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that's down to the goal difference, slowly moving towards us needing to drop points in at least 3 games as opposed to 2.
GD is still too close to call. Next weekend will probably see it move back in their favour and if GD comes into it at all it will be because they’ve won their game in hand and beaten us at home and if that happens their GD could well be better than ours.

It’s all ifs and buts though …..we’re firmly in the driving seat and that’s all that really counts

A big intangible in the race is (assuming both teams get through) the Champions League quarter final draw with the two legs in the midweeks immediately before and after we play Liverpool. I certainly don't want to have to play the league game if it's sandwiched between us having to play (for example) Bayern Munich twice. Conversely, us having a more straightforward draw than them potentially makes life a little easier.
There's always the horrible prospect of playing the dippers three times in the space of seven days.....

GD is still too close to call. Next weekend will probably see it move back in their favour and if GD comes into it at all it will be because they’ve won their game in hand and beaten us at home and if that happens their GD could well be better than ours.

It’s all ifs and buts though …..we’re firmly in the driving seat and that’s all that really counts
Why will GD be back in there favour next week, they got a nervous win today, all we can do is keep winning and when they come to the Etihad get the win or draw.

Spurs next week worries me.
They've lost 3 on the bounce so due a win and with the whole kane transfer saga in summer it would be typical if he were to score the winner.

Went to watch Burnley today with some friends who are Clarets, Liverpool were shite if they play like that the title is ours.

Judge for yourself, they open source their data

By projecting expected goals. Good to see when Everton beat us 4-0 we won on non-shot based expected goals.

A big intangible in the race is (assuming both teams get through) the Champions League quarter final draw with the two legs in the midweeks immediately before and after we play Liverpool. I certainly don't want to have to play the league game if it's sandwiched between us having to play (for example) Bayern Munich twice. Conversely, us having a more straightforward draw than them potentially makes life a little easier.
There's always the horrible prospect of playing the dippers three times in the space of seven days.....
Possibility it could be 4 times in 10 days :)

The weekend after the CL 2nd leg is the FA Cup Semi final and both of us could still be in that as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.