The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibility it could be 4 times in 10 days :)

The weekend after the CL 2nd leg is the FA Cup Semi final and both of us could still be in that as well..
It happened in Spain when Pep was at Barça and Mourinho at Real. Four Clásicos in a fortnight. From memory it was total carnage!

A big intangible in the race is (assuming both teams get through) the Champions League quarter final draw with the two legs in the midweeks immediately before and after we play Liverpool. I certainly don't want to have to play the league game if it's sandwiched between us having to play (for example) Bayern Munich twice. Conversely, us having a more straightforward draw than them potentially makes life a little easier.
There's always the horrible prospect of playing the dippers three times in the space of seven days.....
Id hope we have enough buses

Spurs next week worries me.
They've lost 3 on the bounce so due a win and with the whole kane transfer saga in summer it would be typical if he were to score the winner.
Spurs are a counter-attacking side so it worries me too. Kane lying deep to feed Son is dangerous for a team like City.

There are some views of the number of points Liverpool will get this season which seem to credit them with greater ability than is the case. At the moment they have 54 points from 24 games, an average of 2.25 points per game. If they win all their remaining games they will finish with 96 points but that would mean winning 18 consecutive league matches. While not impossible .... If they continue taking their average of 2.25 points per game they will finish with 85 or 86 points which is much more reasonable. With a strong run in they may increase this to 89 or 90 points. It is interesting to compare these projections with the points totals of PL champions in the last 10 or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.