The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we lose one game, too many people think that Pep's lost the plot.

We're 6 points ahead of Liverpool, have a better goal difference and we've had our wobble by losing a single game. We will now go on a crazy win-streak as we win the title again. Some people forget that under Pep, we always find our stride after Christmas.

Liverpool WILL drop points, just as we did. We're a better team and have a better manager. I posted this on another thread but to win the title, Liverpool would have to pull out an insane run and not drop a single point from these fixtures. I wouldn't even fancy us to win every one of these games!

West Ham (h)
Arsenal (a)
United (h)
City (a)
Villa (a) - Gerrard will be desperate to show he's the next manager
Everton (h)
Newcastle (a)
Spurs (h)
Southampton (a)
Wolves (h)

It doesn't matter what Liverpool do. The title is in our hands, it's as simple as that.

We will end up on over 90 points and will win the league.

on paper united could end up 2nd but its not going to happen
looking at fixtures and counting the points before you earn them is a risky business

When we lose one game, too many people think that Pep's lost the plot.

We're 6 points ahead of Liverpool, have a better goal difference and we've had our wobble by losing a single game. We will now go on a crazy win-streak as we win the title again. Some people forget that under Pep, we always find our stride after Christmas.

Liverpool WILL drop points, just as we did. We're a better team and have a better manager. I posted this on another thread but to win the title, Liverpool would have to pull out an insane run and not drop a single point from these fixtures. I wouldn't even fancy us to win every one of these games!

West Ham (h)
Arsenal (a)
United (h)
City (a)
Villa (a) - Gerrard will be desperate to show he's the next manager
Everton (h)
Newcastle (a)
Spurs (h)
Southampton (a)
Wolves (h)

It doesn't matter what Liverpool do. The title is in our hands, it's as simple as that.

We will end up on over 90 points and will win the league.
I'm going to cling to this.

Fixtures before we play Liverpool:

City (5)
Everton A
Man Utd H
Palace A
Brighton H
Burnley A

Liverpool (6)
Leeds H
West Ham H
Brighton A
Arsenal A
Man Utd H
Watford H

Their game against Arsenal has been rescheduled so they have an extra game and four of their next six are at home so I'd be pretty satisfied if we can maintain a three point gap until we play them. If we manage to beat them at our place, we'll be six points ahead with just six games remaining and you'd fancy us to see it over the line from there.

Fixtures after we play Liverpool:

City (6)
Wolves A
Watford H
Leeds A
Newcastle H
West Ham A
Villa H

Liverpool (6)
Villa A
Everton H
Newcastle A
Tottenham H
Southampton A
Wolves H

I'd say the run-in is pretty even as we both play teams that'll likely need points to either stay up or get into Europe.

West Ham and Wolves away is very tough. I would say we’ve made this very hard for ourselves, but we’ve just gone on a long unbeaten run. As Pep said, Liverpool are a pain in the arse.

Well what will be will be. At least the rags aren’t involved and whoever wins the league it will piss them off royally!

I'm shitting it - hate those scousers - absolutely detest them. We have shown a weakness to the counter for a few weeks. Dias form worries me. we have been open to a counter for quite a few games. Hopefully Pep sorts it out and maybe a wake up call at the weekend. I can't see the scousers letting go

12 games to go with a 3pt lead is okay with me considering we lost the first game of the season and it looked like Chelsea would storm away with it at one point. Were we 9pts behind Chelsea at one stage?

Both sides have some tough games and you'd imagine both will drop points. Injuries could play a part and the sheer number of games will always have an impact. Liverpool coped without Salah and Mane and have improved their squad. But they played a lot at the AFCON and will that take its toll in the next few months where they play in the FA Cup, CL and prem. Plus the league cup final as well.

Liverpool have won 5 on the bounce for the first time this season so if they were to win their remaining fixtures that would be 18 in a row. If they did that I could only tip my hat to them as it would be the greatest finishing run since the premier league started.

Assuming that they do drop points, then the question will be how many and when. Though they are still in the league cup and FA Cup it’s not that many additional games. In 18/19 they went on to win the champions league but won 9 in a row then so it’s only the rearrangement of fixtures kind to cause them problems.

I think if either side hit 94 points then they’ll be champions but I think there’s a strong possibility 91/92 will be enough.

Liverpool have won 5 on the bounce for the first time this season so if they were to win their remaining fixtures that would be 18 in a row. If they did that I could only tip my hat to them as it would be the greatest finishing run since the premier league started.

Assuming that they do drop points, then the question will be how many and when. Though they are still in the league cup and FA Cup it’s not that many additional games. In 18/19 they went on to win the champions league but won 9 in a row then so it’s only the rearrangement of fixtures kind to cause them problems.

I think if either side hit 94 points then they’ll be champions but I think there’s a strong possibility 91/92 will be enough.
their fixtures upto playing us are reasonably easy (they have the rags but they should destroy them as their front line has so much pace and mobility that i cant see the rags stopping them where as a low block against us can be quite effective sometime and then hitting us on the counter which utd can do with their pace adds the element of danger...Liverpool dont really get caught on the counter unless its in behind TTA).

After the game at our place i think liverpool have a few tricky games

If we can come out of the game at ours still 3 or more points ahead then we re in charge......if we come out of that game behind them they would then have to slip up.....

The lead could change hands at least couple of times before the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.