The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hopefully, on Wednesday that isnt how football always works, as we find out 3 or 4 times per season versus, Palace, Southampton, Spurs etc. Norwich very nearly turned them over on Saturday. Why are Liddlepool suddenly the greatest team on earth according to some on here? It's just not true. They are quite good yeah but City are better as proven in 3 of the last 4 seasons.
I think it's a bit simplistic to say "City are better, as proven..."

For me, I think what is pretty clear is that we have a manager who is the best in the business at managing a team over the course of 38 games. The best at rotating the squad, keeping everyone happy, dealing with injuries and suspensions. We play at a high level, week in, week out, with a high level of consistency irrespective of who is available. Therefore more often than not, we come out on top, over the course of a season.

If that defines "best", then fair enough, we are the best.

But does that mean we are the best in a one-off game, or over a shorter run? I would say we are not. There are countless examples of us fucking it up in one-off games where we should have won or gone through, but tooled it in.

When Liverpool won the league, they were blessed with being able to play their "A" team, virtually every week. They were extremely fortunate with lack of injuries, and that is very unlikely over 38 games, which is why they have only won it once.

But I think it's entirely possible they can do the same over their remaining 13 games. If there were 30+ games left, I would be very, very relaxed. With only a third of the games left, I think it is squeaky bum time.

I would rather be in our position rather than Liverpool’s but the pressure just got ramped up. I think the title will come down to who drops points next. If we can go into the Liverpool game winning all games between now and then it could come down to that match. We must beat Everton and Rags to shift the pressure back to Liverpool. They have to go to Arsenal and have West Ham coming up but I don’t see them dropping points before we play each other.
They could drop points at Arsenal but I don't think WHu will be a problem

I think it's a bit simplistic to say "City are better, as proven..."

For me, I think what is pretty clear is that we have a manager who is the best in the business at managing a team over the course of 38 games. The best at rotating the squad, keeping everyone happy, dealing with injuries and suspensions. We play at a high level, week in, week out, with a high level of consistency irrespective of who is available. Therefore more often than not, we come out on top, over the course of a season.

If that defines "best", then fair enough, we are the best.

But does that mean we are the best in a one-off game, or over a shorter run? I would say we are not. There are countless examples of us fucking it up in one-off games where we should have won or gone through, but tooled it in.

When Liverpool won the league, they were blessed with being able to play their "A" team, virtually every week. They were extremely fortunate with lack of injuries, and that is very unlikely over 38 games, which is why they have only won it once.

But I think it's entirely possible they can do the same over their remaining 13 games. If there were 30+ games left, I would be very, very relaxed. With only a third of the games left, I think it is squeaky bum time.
I said the other week that Liverpool were in better form than us and it was a good job we had points in the bag but I was laughed at by the blue tinted brigade but suddenly now it’s not so funny and we are struggling with a loss of form Which happens to everyone but it’s just come at a bad time . We made a mistake by getting rid of Torres in January and not reinforcing and now all the media bullshit surrounding foden is. Not helping either . We need stones back in with Dias as Laporte is a train crash waiting to happen and Mahrez needs to be starting aswell .

What's concerning is they were without their two best players and still closed the gap.

We went on this run but they kept pace.

People should accept anything can happen and enjoy the ride. Normally, when we compete with the traditional big clubs for the league, we prevail, unless we are far off them (say, 12/13 and 19/20). It's inevitable that we are going to lose a tight race at some point. Probably not the best example but, remember, United lost the title in 97/98 after being 12 (!) pts clear of Arsenal, and the next season they won the treble...

I believe this team is better than many realize and will put in mesmerizing performances in April/May. However, the truth is, it's pointless to try to guess the outcome of the remaining games. We may win the treble or fail to win anything. Whatever happens, the club is on the right track and will continue to win titles over the next years. Still, this season will end well for us, imo.

I said the other week that Liverpool were in better form than us and it was a good job we had points in the bag but I was laughed at by the blue tinted brigade but suddenly now it’s not so funny and we are struggling with a loss of form Which happens to everyone but it’s just come at a bad time . We made a mistake by getting rid of Torres in January and not reinforcing and now all the media bullshit surrounding foden is. Not helping either . We need stones back in with Dias as Laporte is a train crash waiting to happen and Mahrez needs to be starting aswell .
How could Liverpool of been in better form than us the other week?
We hadn't been beat since the end of October.
Or is your quote based on us not going as far as the Dippers in the league Cup?

How could Liverpool of been in better form than us the other week?
We hadn't been beat since the end of October.
Or is your quote based on us not going as far as the Dippers in the league Cup?
Have you watched us play lately? Sporting was an anomoly, and Norwich are terrible. We've been labouring away for weeks now, without things really clicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.