The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where all the anxiety is coming from all of a sudden fellow blues. I logged on to BM on Friday and the pre-match thread had panic in regards to the spurs game and what the media would be spouting when we lost and Liddlepool won. Where is your fear coming from? We had just trounced Lisbon 5 nil with the Lisbon support almost giving City a standing ovation. Do you doom mongers have a black crystal ball? C'mon blues. This isn't the eighties or 90's when we were bobbins. We are at the top table. In the top 5 clubs in the world regarding turnover. Consistently finishing champions or 2nd. Fighting for a 6th title in 10 years. No debt. Extremely wealthy. Breaking records every season. Qualified for the champions league in each of the last 9 seasons. 2nd best team in Europe last year. I sometimes think that some blues will only be happy if we win every game from now till 2030 but even then some will complain because the lights turned from green to red on the way to the ground. Keep some perspective. We are 6 points clear and Liddlepool have to come to the blue fortress. They can get to 3 points behind but City already have the points. The pressure is on them. We don't need it from our own.

I don't know where all the anxiety is coming from all of a sudden fellow blues. I logged on to BM on Friday and the pre-match thread had panic in regards to the spurs game and what the media would be spouting when we lost and Liddlepool won. Where is your fear coming from? We had just trounced Lisbon 5 nil with the Lisbon support almost giving City a standing ovation. Do you doom mongers have a black crystal ball? C'mon blues. This isn't the eighties or 90's when we were bobbins. We are at the top table. In the top 5 clubs in the world regarding turnover. Consistently finishing champions or 2nd. Fighting for a 6th title in 10 years. No debt. Extremely wealthy. Breaking records every season. Qualified for the champions league in each of the last 9 seasons. 2nd best team in Europe last year. I sometimes think that some blues will only be happy if we win every game from now till 2030 but even then some will complain because the lights turned from green to red on the way to the ground. Keep some perspective. We are 6 points clear and Liddlepool have to come to the blue fortress. They can get to 3 points behind but City already have the points. The pressure is on them. We don't need it from our own.
Yes and ironically the fear of losing a big points advantage seems scarier than being a few points behind the leader but is shouldn’t be. It’s best to be where we are.

People panic so that they can say “I told you so“ in the misguided belief this will make being runners up less disappointing if it happens. It doesn’t work though but it’s human nature.

We are still a better team than Liverpool but there is a lot of luck in footy and aspects out of our control. People need to accept this or support a higher scoring sport with less unknowns involved.

Also the most recent result is all that matters to most and, if you read the match day thread, this can be the last 2 minutes!

The blues that aren’t relaxed with Pep in charge never will be and that’s a shame really.

Folk use BM to vent…..and some have to wait for a long unbeaten run to end for their chance.

Last edited:
Fucking hell if the scum can put 4 passed them, you've got to think the scouse bastards can double that
Well hopefully, on Wednesday that isnt how football always works, as we find out 3 or 4 times per season versus, Palace, Southampton, Spurs etc. Norwich very nearly turned them over on Saturday. Why are Liddlepool suddenly the greatest team on earth according to some on here? It's just not true. They are quite good yeah but City are better as proven in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

I would rather be in our position rather than Liverpool’s but the pressure just got ramped up. I think the title will come down to who drops points next. If we can go into the Liverpool game winning all games between now and then it could come down to that match. We must beat Everton and Rags to shift the pressure back to Liverpool. They have to go to Arsenal and have West Ham coming up but I don’t see them dropping points before we play each other.

Remember when this thread was about how many points it would be to win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.