The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did one of those Premier League predictors trying to be as fair as possible & still had us winning it by 4/5 points. I think they have too much to do with their fixtures, I'll always back Pep & the boys to deliver in these high pressure scenarios regardless.
Absolutely. One thing to play the cynic at some point, but at some point you need to grow a pair and back Pep and the boys. Lot of points left to play for, and you don't get glory by chucking it all in in February because you drew and lost a game.

Did one of those Premier League predictors trying to be as fair as possible & still had us winning it by 4/5 points. I think they have too much to do with their fixtures, I'll always back Pep & the boys to deliver in these high pressure scenarios regardless.
Those predictors are very accurate usually. I have been doing them for years and it's suprising how close you get to the final positions. I did one about a month ago and it showed Leeds going down which surprised me at the time but not now.

If they win it have to say fair play if they win every game which they will need to, what will that be 20 games on the bounce?
Fuck them horrible bus attacking vermin, they deserve no credit ever for being miserable scouse scum

In recent times, can't recall us spunking away a lead before. Only in the 11/12 season when we were about 5 points ahead and then had a poor February/March. Of course, we still managed to win it. Other close title wins we were behind or level, 13/14 and 18/19 and 17/18 and 20/21 we were well clear and stayed clear.
Now, we see a 8 point lead reduced to 3 and it could be less by the time we play Liverpool at home. Basically, holding a big lead and then ending up losing the title is not something we have done before in this modern era.

Liverpool can get to 96 points by winning all their remaining matches. Which would mean they’d have won their last 18 matches, which hasn’t been done before. They are good form but helped by a run of nice fixtures and good luck (Palace away).

I think this season for Liverpool is a bit of a last dance as Henderson and Milner are reaching the end and there is considerable doubt about the future’s of Salah and Mané. Van Dijk hasn’t regained his pre- ACL injury form.

Last chance or not I have no doubt they will drop points before the end of the season. They also have to come to City where they haven’t won a league match since 2015.

City are still in the driving seat. Let’s face it we have gone through title races before and always finished top of the pile. Don’t forget this City side has had an amazing ability to put consistent runs together even under intense pressure. I have huge faith in our team to respond to the Spurs result with another positive run.

I think our next 2 fixtures are huge. Win both and the Liverpool giddiness will subside.
I agree this could be their last dance

They are literally playing the bottom 7 in a row and mostly at home, if they win all their games in march I’ll be more afraid
They have had a very kind run of games, Burnley, Leicester, Brentford, Leeds and Norwich. They were fortunate to win at Palace who missed several gilt edged chances.

They have had a very kind run of games, Burnley, Leicester, Brentford, Leeds and Norwich. They were fortunate to win at Palace who missed several gilt edged chances.

They should have been 3 or 4 down in the first half against Burnley. Maybe I will be proven wrong and they could win the title but they are certainly not the team that we pipped to the title by 1 point.

little bit nervous i can’t lie but i back pep and the boys. like someone else said, we don’t bottle titles, we’ve never had a lead and been caught before really. i’m confident the boys will do what needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.