The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If love Arsenal to get something from the Liverpool game but can’t see it the football Arsenal play will give Liverpool plenty of space for them cause a lot of problems.

The chance of Liverpool going the rest of the season without dropping points is virtually nil
If they do they will have won the last17 on the bounce & that is some feat
In 18 games we have won 15 draw 2 & lost 1
Some on here are throwing in the towel already
We can see the finishing line we been there & done it before
Come on you Blues
Heard it all before. They don't drop points when it counts - unlike us - that tends to be the flaw in that thinking.

Last edited:
So after Wednesday we will be 1 point in front not what anyone on here wanted but it's what it is better than being 1 point behind, at one point that complete twat of a commentator last night said its in Liverpools hands and it's there's to loose I swear he said Liverpool more than mcfc I really am sick of it.

Those confidently predicting they can’t see Liverpool dropping any points between now and the end of the season would mean they win the last 17 games of the season ffs.

If they do, then fair play, but to suggest this is likely, never mind certain, is utterly comical.
They certainly have momentum, but the Dippers have had a kind run of fixtures. Let's see how they fare against Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, City and the Rags and like you say if they win them all then they probably deserve to win the title. I think both sides will possibly drop points, if the Dippers win the next 2 games then I think we are going to have to beat them at our place to win the title.

The chance of Liverpool going the rest of the season without dropping points is virtually nil
If they do they will have won the last17 on the bounce & that is some feat
In 18 games we have won 15 draw 2 & lost 1
Some on here are throwing in the towel already
We can see the finishing line we been there & done it before
Come on you Blues
Liking the positivity.

That said, this "Liverpool will drop points" line misses the point somewhat. The question is, will they drop more points than we will, and on current firm, you'd have to say no they won't.

I also think that Pep is a brilliant manager over the course of the season where rotating and managing suspensions, injuries and fixture congestion is key. But in a one-off, must-win game? I think he's poor tbh. We've seen it countless times, not least the shit show which was the CL final. Needless pissing about with team selection and formation, stubborn refusal to change when things are obviously not working and unpreparedness to bring on subs. He demonstrates all of these failings often, and especially when it's a crucial game.

That being the case I am resigned us to losing to Liverpool at home, I'm afraid. Of course we could win that game, it's just that on balance of probability, I don't think we will.

Last edited:
They certainly have momentum, but the Dippers have had a kind run of fixtures. Let's see how they fare against Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, City and the Rags and like you say if they win them all then they probably deserve to win the title. I think both sides will possibly drop points, if the Dippers win the next 2 games then I think we are going to have to beat them at our place to win the title.
They’ve also been lucky with injuries, especially in defence. They have options up front now that mean Salah and Mane aren’t as crucial as they used to be but that defence is a different story. With so many games to come for them still, if they don’t rotate the full backs and Van Dijk then they will run into on or more of fatigue/injury/loss of form - there’s just no way that they can keep playing them every game

Liverpool have harder games to come and also latter stages of cups
As do we
Gonna be a slog

The form is a bit concerning, but if the pattern is teams getting two results off us then i dont think we have anyone left to play that we lost to in first half of season so happy days.
Thought that myself, trouble us Soton & Palace are still in the Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.