The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly relevant - they were shit for 25 of the 30.
Pick your sample size. Since Klopp they've won one. In the last decade they've won one. There is only one season where they've won league, so there is only one season where they didn't drop points where it mattered (and it must be said, that was a season where we playing Fernandinho at centre back). Some of those importsnt points, you might remember, were quite dramatic and famous.

Said it long ago. This isn't last season. When people were thinking it was done they reckoned that this season was like last season when we decided the title between December and March.

But this league season is not what Liverpool fans hope for either, i.e., a reversal of 18/19 when they were leading by 7 pts and lost the title. History is not likely to repeat itself, in one direction or another This is a unique season, and it will have it's own scenario.

For me, for reasons I have already discussed in various threads, the most likely scenario is that Liverpool will win vs Arsenal and Watford, and will thus go top for 2-3 hours before we win at Burnley, then we'll win/draw vs them, and win the league from there. Even if we lose from them, we can still win the league, though. Think we'll be the fresher team in April, and especially in May.

All scenarios are open now, from Liverpool winning everything to us winning the treble to them winning the league and the league cup and us winning the CL and the FA cup (maybe in games against them!). I wouldn't bet against us winning a PL/CL double in a most dramatic fashion. In any case, this City team is for the biggest occasions and won't let us down, IMHO.

Last edited:
What's that got you do with the price of milk?
We went a fair while with none.

I agree that projections in the future on the basis of the past are unreliable in football. It doesn't really matter that Liverpool have won only 1 title. But the same holds for your point that they don't drop points when it matters. It's based on the last 8 games, a pretty weak basis. Plus, it's not like they were smashing teams, the likes of Burnley and WHam created about 5 big chances between them and failed to score, in games which Liverpool won 1:0. They were a bit lucky over the last 2 months, and we were a bit unlucky. It's a tenuous basis for huge generalisations like "they don't drop points when it matters".

What's that got you do with the price of milk?
We went a fair while with none.
You said they don't drop points when it counts. Clearly, it that were the case, they'd have a few more league titles. They've dropped points when it counted in every season bar one for 30 years.

Liverpool fans in work are full of it this morning, my " we'll be fine, we'll still win the title" comment has them stunned.
They all think they'll walk it from here on in haha

Said it long ago. This isn't last season. When people were thinking it was done they reckoned that this season was like last season when we decided the title between December and March.

But this league season is not what Liverpool fans hope for either, i.e., a reversal of 18/19 when they were leading by 7 pts and lost the title. History is not likely to repeat itself, in one direction or another This is a unique season, and it will have it's own scenario.

For me, for reasons I have already discussed in various threads, the most likely scenario is that Liverpool will win vs Arsenal and Watford, and will thus go top for 2-3 hours before we win at Burnley, then we'll win/draw vs them, and win the league from there. Even if we lose from them, we can still win the league, though. Think we'll be the fresher team in April, and especially in May.

All scenarios are open now, from Liverpool winning everything to us winning the treble to them winning the league and the league cup and us winning the CL and the FA cup (maybe in games against them!). I wouldn't bet against us winning a PL/CL double in a most dramatic fashion. In any case, this City team is for the biggest occasions and won't let us down, IMHO.
Yep. Football fans, like humans more generally, like patterns and stories, and will fill them in even when they are not there. We aren't owed one by the cosmic football gods for 2012 or 19. If you're in enough title fights you'll lose one eventually, but it'll be on its own terms. This season is entirely in our own hands. For what it's worth, I think it will be something closer to what people predicted in 18/19 with twists and turns, but we make our own luck and story from herein.

Liverpool fans in work are full of it this morning, my " we'll be fine, we'll still win the title" comment has them stunned.
They all think they'll walk it from here on in haha

It’s what happens with the propaganda media it brainwashes them like last 30 years it’s been there year and it’s only been there year once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.