The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have been fantastic and are a brilliant side (despite what some posters like to believe). sadly a lack of a striker has come back to haunt us. Not replacing Sergio was complete madness

We had 2 goal scorer forwards on the bench.

They’ve also been lucky with injuries, especially in defence. They have options up front now that mean Salah and Mane aren’t as crucial as they used to be but that defence is a different story. With so many games to come for them still, if they don’t rotate the full backs and Van Dijk then they will run into on or more of fatigue/injury/loss of form - there’s just no way that they can keep playing them every game
It's what they do though, isn't it. They hardly rotated at all in their title-winning season. And yes, they were lucky with injuries (or lack of them) and some ridiculously biased refereeing didn't hurt either. But Klopp is not afraid to pick his best 11 and keep playing them every game.

We had 2 goal scorer forwards on the bench.
Neither are ‘goalscorers’. They score goals but neither are in anyway shape or form prolific.
jesus seems to have hit a wall and its probably time to move on.
Sterling, well i like him, but he probably needs to make way and move on now as there is better players in his decision

difficult to argue against not having a top class striker , it just makes life a little more difficult

They’ve also been lucky with injuries, especially in defence. They have options up front now that mean Salah and Mane aren’t as crucial as they used to be but that defence is a different story. With so many games to come for them still, if they don’t rotate the full backs and Van Dijk then they will run into on or more of fatigue/injury/loss of form - there’s just no way that they can keep playing them every game
Another factor for both teams is the CL draw. Imagine playing them in 3 consecutive games..... no let's not my nerves would be shredded

Neither are ‘goalscorers’. They score goals but neither are in anyway shape or form prolific.
jesus seems to have hit a wall and its probably time to move on.
Sterling, well i like him, but he probably needs to make way and move on now as there is better players in his decision

difficult to argue against not having a top class striker , it just makes life a little more difficult

Jesus scores plenty, from not that much. Really think he could have made the difference last night.

If Pep had tried, I'd have been totally ok with the draw. It happens, sometines things just dont go your way. Last night was one of those. It is his persisting with something not going your way though that leaves the bitter taste. If he'd brought either Jesus and Sterling on, I'd have nothing to moan about.

Another factor for both teams is the CL draw. Imagine playing them in 3 consecutive games..... no let's not my nerves would be shredded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.