The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. No point getting giddy next 3 games are cup finals. We all know Coady likes to put in a dodgy performance against Liverpool.
And play out of his skin against us. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being allowed to kick the sh*t out us with absolute impunity only to get a card in the last 15 minutes to even up the stats.

You forgot best Goalkeeper and Best full backs.....
They must be better than us because we don't have any forwards, and no defenders left - invisible, basically - that's why we're so rubbish and we'll never win the league against the world's greatest ever team.

Just like the fans of the invisible man, we're not really here.

I think Liverpool are playing more on the edge than people think. They've only scored 4-5 goals over the last few games in the league whereas we've scored 10+. They're definitely suffering from the number of games just like we are although it's our defence that's suffered.

I don't think they can afford to play players for full 90 minutes to try and get the goals. If any of them pickup a knock then they're completely stuffed. Are they going to keep players like Mane on if they're only winning 1-0 or 2-0 against Villa with say 30 minutes to go?

They'll just try and scab games 1-0 or 2-0 so they can bring players off for the rest. We just need to make sure we get results above all else.

It goes next off games won before that doesn’t it?
Games won doesn’t enter into it. PL tie breakers if level on points are:
1. Goal difference
2. Goals scored
3. Head to head results (with away goals rule)
4. One game playoff
As both our games against Liverpool ended 2-2, head to head can be ignored. Will be a playoff if level on points, goal difference and goals scored.

1. Goal difference
2. Goals scored
4. One game playoff
As both our games against Liverpool ended 2-2, head to head can be ignored. Will be a playoff if level on points, goal difference and goals scored.
Can you imagine?!!

1. Goal difference
2. Goals scored
4. One game playoff
I’m trying to think of a combination of results that would achieve that. It’s giving me a headache.

Liverpool win their last three games 3-0, 1-0, 1-0. City lose one, win two- 0-1, 1-0, 2-1. It’s a play off? Or is my arithmetic dodgy?

That’s not such an unlikely a combination of results. And there must a few more plausible permutations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.