The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do go on to win the league, apart from 93.20 this would be the most pleasurable in my eyes. The anger and bitterness from that lot on Murkyside would be a joy to behold, especially if they go on to win the other three trophies.

I think Liverpool are playing more on the edge than people think. They've only scored 4-5 goals over the last few games in the league whereas we've scored 10+. They're definitely suffering from the number of games just like we are although it's our defence that's suffered.

I don't think they can afford to play players for full 90 minutes to try and get the goals. If any of them pickup a knock then they're completely stuffed. Are they going to keep players like Mane on if they're only winning 1-0 or 2-0 against Villa with say 30 minutes to go?

They'll just try and scab games 1-0 or 2-0 so they can bring players off for the rest. We just need to make sure we get results above all else.
The only teams they have battered in the league this year are Leeds and united
The other games have been quite close

I don't know, we may have broken the scouse as far as the league goes. They might all be holding a bit back for the FA & CL finals. Even just a couple of them losing focus will do for them.
I can't see that happening unfortunately. They didn't give up when they were 14 points behind (admittedly they had two games in hand) so I can't see them taking their eye off the ball when the gap is only 3 points. Especially as they'll be aware of our defensive injuries and that we have have two very tricky away games coming up where we could easily drop points.

In my opinion, there's no way Klopp will rest any of their big players against Villa for the FA Cup final whilst the league is still possible. They'll go full strength and aim to put the pressure back on us.

As for the Champions League final, it's not until a week after the league season finishes so I don't think that will have any impact on team selection. The only way that changes is if they drop points to Villa and we beat Wolves. Then maybe I could see him resting players in the last two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.