The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The scousers worry me, if they win their game in hand they're 8 points behind,
if we slip up at Southampton and the dippers beat Palace the gap could be down to 5 or 6, then is game on

if we slip up at Southampton and the dippers beat Palace the gap could be down to 5 or 6, then is game on
Flip side if we continue to win, we can get to 104 points as things stand.

liverpool can get to 96 points (2 wins in the last 5)
spurs 93 (3 wins in last 5)
chelsea 89 (1 wins in last 5)
arsenal 89 (4 wins in last 5)
united 86 (2 wins in last 5)
west ham 85 (3 wins in last 5)
wolves 85 (3 wins in last 5)

exactly, if it was the other way around im sure we would be confident that we could catch them given the amount of games still to play.

Not a cat in hell's chance.
In fact not even that because our cat's going to heaven (one day.)

Wouldn't you have been happy at the start of December if you were told we'd be 8 pts clear with 16 games to go, especially given we supposed to struggle without a striker?

We're in a fantastic position. Why ask for more?

Flip side if we continue to win, we can get to 104 points as things stand.

liverpool can get to 96 points (2 wins in the last 5)
spurs 93 (3 wins in last 5)
chelsea 89 (1 wins in last 5)
arsenal 89 (4 wins in last 5)
united 86 (2 wins in last 5)
west ham 85 (3 wins in last 5)
wolves 85 (3 wins in last 5)
this snap shot demonstrates why 80-84 points will be all that is required to win the title this season.

Liverpool have dropped 18 points from their first 21 games and will drop at least 12 more in their remaining 17 and finish with somewhere between 80-84 points.

this snap shot demonstrates why 80-84 points will be all that is required to win the title this season.

Liverpool have dropped 18 points from their first 21 games and will drop at least 12 more in their remaining 17 and finish with somewhere between 80-84 points.

Liverpool dropped 21 pts in the first half of 13/14, and then dropped only 9 pts in the 2nd half. Dramatic improvements are certainly possible. Tendencies over 20 games shouldn't be regarded as set in stone.

That said, IIRC, Liverpool weren't in the CL back then, but then again they didn't have such a good team.

Truth is, there is no guarantee we'll win. But we are in a fantastic position. 538 gives us 87 % chance to win, and that's about right, imo. Why ask for more in January?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.