The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a couple people have mentioned about being annoyed if they win it by a point because of the derby game. We lost other games and drew ones we shouldn't have as well, i don't think we can blame that one game if it does happen. However they manage to win it, if they do, they will deserve it because this City team has proven again and again that it has bottle. Right now, Arsenal are showing the steel needed to win a title. City need to do what they do best, go on a long run and see if they can swim in deep water.
It was clearly corrupt so it should be highlighted as the main reason, well certainly one of the main contributing factors

Im not sure about better squad quality, you rely on about 16 top players each.... i would certainly take their work ethic and team spirit and drive..i can't see how we look like the only team to beat them TWICE..we are simply not good enough for that and that's fair enough.
Was the positivity course oversubscribed?
And stay away from tall buildings for goodness sake………

Hard to say since, on current performance, we simply aren't the best team in the league right now. Very different to the last couple where, even with a supernova Liverpool, it was a case of "which teams might upset us to take points", which is now the position Arsenal are in. But we still have the best on-paper squad and the best manager, so we always have a great chance. A bit of pressure on the cockneys and they might crumble; we can't make it psychologically easy for them.

Losing to a shit Liverpool, at home to Brentford, there's been a few tbf.
We hadn’t been good enough this season up to half time against Spurs. That’s why Pep had his rants. I’ve been saying it for a while that we haven’t looked ‘at it’ this season.

Even against Wolves, we were better, but we had to rely on them to gift us a penalty and kick the ball straight to us for us to score two of our goals. Bar the Haaland headed goal, the Gundogan headed miss and the Grealish shot on the first half we created next to nothing.

The draw way against Slippy G was pretty bad as well. We were lifeless in that game.
There have been wins where we’ve played as badly as that n’all. Wolves away, I thought we ‘clicked’ three times all game and scored three goals but other than that we were bloody awful in that game.

Posted this in the Arsenal thread, but for context - here's the points totals for the first and second halves of the season for the top 10 points totals in the PL era:

Chelsea 05/06 - 91pts (52/39)
Rags 99/00 - 91pts (45/46)
Dippers 21/22 - 92pts (44/48)
Chelsea 16/17 - 93pts (49/44)
City 21/22 - 93pts (47/46)
Chelsea 04/05 - 95pts (46/49)
Dippers 18/19 - 97pts (51/46)
City 18/19 - 98pts (44/54)
Dippers 19/20 - 99pts (55/44)
City 17/18 - 100pts (55/45)

Tends to be a fair fluctuation in performances. Saying Arsenal "only" need 40 pts to make 90 is dismissing how difficult it can be. They've not got a squad or any prior form to suggest they'll get into the list above. Keep the faith. Momentum will change when we give them a battering on Friday.

I think a big part of it will come down Arsenal keeping there players fit. Something like 7 out of 11 players have started every league game so far. If they lost Partey and Odeguard at the same time then that could be pivotal.

Posted this in the Arsenal thread, but for context - here's the points totals for the first and second halves of the season for the top 10 points totals in the PL era:

Chelsea 05/06 - 91pts (52/39)
Rags 99/00 - 91pts (45/46)
Dippers 21/22 - 92pts (44/48)
Chelsea 16/17 - 93pts (49/44)
City 21/22 - 93pts (47/46)
Chelsea 04/05 - 95pts (46/49)
Dippers 18/19 - 97pts (51/46)
City 18/19 - 98pts (44/54)
Dippers 19/20 - 99pts (55/44)
City 17/18 - 100pts (55/45)

Tends to be a fair fluctuation in performances. Saying Arsenal "only" need 40 pts to make 90 is dismissing how difficult it can be. They've not got a squad or any prior form to suggest they'll get into the list above. Keep the faith. Momentum will change when we give them a battering on Friday.
You could also argue that it shows how unlikely it is that a team that got 50 points from the first half of the season, would get anything less than 40 from the second half. Since all of those sides except Chelsea 05/06 got comfortably over 40 points in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.