The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a tough one. If we knew we'd win the league without relying on the rags then that's the route we'd all take. But I was more than happy with the draw, and I wasn't thrilled Arsenal got the winner because it meant they hadn't dropped points. I'd love the rags to be down the table as an absolute shit show, but 2012 was better - seeing their faces at Sunderland when they thought they'd won it. Giving them hope then taking it away is much better.

Reflecting on their loss yesterday, it is nice to see them bump back to reality. A week ago they beat us with some help from the ref and are within 1pt of us. They then concede a late goal to Palace so rather than go above us, stay behind us on goal difference. Then we go win two in a row and they lose again so the gaps grown!
Makes sense. The problem is if they had somehow won yesterday, the wank-fest would have bubbled up to epic proportions. They have the whole media and PIGMOL in their pocket You dont want them having even a sniff of relevance again.

The point total poll is closed - but my guess is that Arsenal finishes first on 95+ points - to win the league - at least 95.

I'm still confident we'll win the league, to be honest. Yeah, Arsenal are a real threat and have been really impressive BUT I reckon they'll start falling away very soon. We still have to play them and if we beat them, which we absolutely can, it's a 6 point swing in our favour. We have the experience to go the long haul and I really believe we'll do it again. It's going to be extra tough next season because Newcastle are starting to look really good, as are United, and Liverpool won't be this shit much longer, especially not if the rumours that PSG owners want to buy them are true.

Pretty sure people said that about Scousers in 2018/19 and last year. It is always possible it may be more like 2019/20 and they run away with it, but I dont see it - yet.
Liverpool never really fucked it up, though. The league was never theirs to fuck up. In fact, they did well to come within a point/goal of taking it off us, when they were 14 points behind us in the February. That's why I think we'll beat Arsenal to it this season. It's really not that big a gap now and we still have to play them.

Liverpool never really fucked it up, though. The league was never theirs to fuck up. In fact, they did well to come within a point/goal of taking it off us, when they were 14 points behind us in the February. That's why I think we'll beat Arsenal to it this season. It's really not that big a gap now and we still have to play them.
So they were never properly 14 points behind - they had 2 games in hand. And it was mid Jan not Feb.

Was really referring to 2018/19 when we were 7 points behind (or 10 points with game in hand at one point). They drew 4 games, we won our last 14 and that was that (a few heart attacks later).

Arsenal have had a tremendous 1st half season. If they carry that on they will deservedly take 1st place. City though have the experience and are still to play them twice in the league. I think our squad may be the difference overall. It's not every fans cup of tea but this rotation will benefit City as injuries & suspensions start to bite which every club will go through before the end. It may look like players are not comfortable out of natural positions but how else are they going to improve unless they practice being out of positions in high pressure games. The 2 Arsenal matches will be key as will our higher quality squad. We can probably only afford to lose 1 more game..I think 93 pts should do it. Arsenal will probably start to drop points around Easter when the finish line is in sight.

14 off us with two games in hand so a net 8.

If we hit a rich run of form and end up with over 90 points, we should be very proud, even if it means ending in second. Any team that played well enough to get more points than that deserves the title...

I think something could still change, but Arsenal need to drop points before the end of Feb.

If we hit a rich run of form and end up with over 90 points, we should be very proud, even if it means ending in second. Any team that played well enough to get more points than that deserves the title...

I think something could still change, but Arsenal need to drop points before the end of Feb.

A lot could change, especially in April and May. Hopefully, Arsenal go deep in the EL...

Otherwise, I agree. If we win 90 pts and Arsenal win the title, fair play to them, the title will be well deserved (but if they win it by a point, we'll feel robbed due to *that* United goal...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.