The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal's form since the start of the year has actually been pretty average. W3 D1 L2 in all competitions, and one of those wins was v Oxford in the cup.

Sure, they have played some tough games - Newcastle, United and us. But beating those kinds of teams is how you win titles not flogging the likes of Forest (no offence to them).

Long way to go but the sheen is starting to fade slightly on their unbeatable façade.

Can the billy-big-balls bigshots hold off till we've beaten spurs with the bedwetters, man-fanny wipes comments, ta.

Arsenal's form since the start of the year has actually been pretty average. W3 D1 L2 in all competitions, and one of those wins was v Oxford in the cup.

Sure, they have played some tough games - Newcastle, United and us. But beating those kinds of teams is how you win titles not flogging the likes of Forest (no offence to them).

Long way to go but the sheen is starting to fade slightly on their unbeatable façade.

Took a last minute goal against United as well.

Took a last minute goal against United as well.

Precisely, if Zinchenko was an inch further forward we'd be talking about them having only beaten Spurs in the league since the turn of the year and being out of both cups.

To add to that (and to demonstrate how skewed perspectives can become), our own supposedly apocalyptic form that has some people labelling this a 'transitional season' for us has seen us W5 D0 L2 in a month where we've played Chelsea twice, Arsenal, United and Spurs! And let's face it - we shouldn't even be counting the United game we were cheated out of.

If that's what bad form looks like then I think we're going to be okay.

Precisely, if Zinchenko was an inch further forward we'd be talking about them having only beaten Spurs in the league since the turn of the year and being out of both cups.

To add to that (and to demonstrate how skewed perspectives can become), our own supposedly apocalyptic form that has some people labelling this a 'transitional season' for us has seen us W5 D0 L2 in a month where we've played Chelsea twice, Arsenal, United and Spurs! And let's face it - we shouldn't even be counting the United game we were cheated out of.

If that's what bad form looks like then I think we're going to be okay.

Their 'last minute' goal counts though, as do the 2 points it got them. As does our dodgy decision loss to utd. That type of comment is a bit 'goal difference champions' sounding.

Their 'last minute' goal counts though, as do the 2 points it got them. As does our dodgy decision loss to utd. That type of comment is a bit 'goal difference champions' sounding.

Of course, I accept they all count. I'm just suggesting that short-term results are not always a reliable predictor of more long-term form. I think they're on a downward slope but they've had a bit of luck which is papering over the cracks (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.