The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We simply have to beat Spurs.

If our response to them losing their first league game in five months is another lacklustre performance and more dropped points then Arsenal will start to sense that we're not that team who relentlessly chased down Liverpool and put together long winning runs anymore and will realise they don't need to fear us.

However, if we win it sends a clear message that from here on in we're going to capitalize on every slip-up they make and for the first time this season they may start to feel the pressure.

If our response to them losing their first league game in five months is another lacklustre performance and more dropped points then Arsenal will start to sense that we're not that team who relentlessly chased down Liverpool and put together long winning runs anymore and will realise they don't need to fear us.

However, if we win it sends a clear message that from here on in we're going to capitalize on every slip-up they make and for the first time this season they may start to feel the pressure.
No, their arses will be twitching like fuck from now on.
Dropping points to Everton?
The wobble's set in.

You can sense the tension in Arsenal already, look at Zinchenko
, should of been sent off against us, and was rattled today, win tomorrow will hopefully kick us on to a big unbeaten run and play Arsenal just in time as the cracks start to appear

You can sense the tension in Arsenal already, look at Zinchenko
, should of been sent off against us, and was rattled today, win tomorrow will hopefully kick us on to a big unbeaten run and play Arsenal just in time as the cracks start to appear
#rattled

A part of me thinks that Arsenal are as likely to flop in the second half of the year as they are to get near their 50 point haul from the first half of the season
This isn’t the Liverpool side we’ve been competing against the last 4 years, they’ve no experience or divine right to win every game
Man for man they’re quite ordinary at times, a few more defeats and their confidence could go

Another part of me thinks they’ll win it as they’ve been the best team so far this season

A part of me thinks that Arsenal are as likely to flop in the second half of the year as they are to get near their 50 point haul from the first half of the season
This isn’t the Liverpool side we’ve been competing against the last 4 years, they’ve no experience or divine right to win every game
Man for man they’re quite ordinary at times, a few more defeats and their confidence could go

Another part of me thinks they’ll win it as they’ve been the best team so far this season
best team so far this season no doubt but when the pressure builds arsenal tend to falter only have to go back to last season. More points will without a doubt be dropped as teams are now fighting for things those lower down will frustrate them which they seem unable to deal with so far Newcastle Southampton ect.

I think its only really city who stop city.

The wobble's set in.
I don't see their loss at Everton as a wobble as it's only one game and even the best teams lose occasionally. It was kind of a perfect storm too with it being Dyche's first game. The players and the crowd were always going to be up for it and the pitch isn't exactly conducive to free flowing football so it was always going to be tricky.

We need to apply consistent pressure for them to wobble in my opinion. If we can pick up six points from Spurs and Villa and take that momentum in to the Arsenal game and beat them in their own backyard, that's when I think the pressure could really start to get to them.

The wobble's set in.

There will be no wobble unless we can get close and put pressure on them, and that really has been the problem most of the season, we haven't closed the gap when we had the chances.

They are still 5 points ahead, with the same number of games played. They still have to play us, it is in both our hands at this point, they still have a 2 game cushion. It is simply on us now to win games and find some consistency.

Last edited:
With so many games coming up I am actually more concerned with keeping the rags at bay, I just can’t see Arsenal keeping it up, especially after seeing how Everton saw them off. We lost the chance to put daylight behind us when we lost against the rags so we really need to go on a run now. Whatever happens, we must try for 13 wins and at least 3 draws, and avoid defeat v Arsenal and Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.