The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the officiating of our team compared to the rags they have more chance of winning the league! We get kicked to fcuk every game 50/50 goes to the opposing teams!

Pep has to change something and we may stand a chance IF we win at Arsenal.

The problem is that Pep himself is not in form this season and his decisions got worse after the WC. In Walker and Cancelo we had two of the best FBs in the world. Pep decided to bench them for a CB and a teenager. Weird stuff. Those close to him should have helped him to avoid this shit. Guess there are to many yes people around him.

Maybe we can save the season by playing Walker and Ake at FB and changing something in the patterns, because both are average in the build up play. Try to be solid in defence and rely more on counters?

Last edited:
thought a draw is ok at the Emirates, not sure know, I think we need to win there. even more so as if we dont than United fully can feel they are back in the race.

there is just one thing more of a shame for Pep if his own padavan beats him to a title with a lot lesser squad (Arsenal):

another one of his assistant from Ajax coming to the PL and winning it in his first 12 month with zero PL experience with a squad that has been struggling for the best part of last 10 years to be even in a title fight. thats so horrible to even imagine, and something even Pep couldnt do in his first season, that yes, a win is needed at the Emirates otherwise we will be on level points with them or behind them.

Every time we win the league we are brilliant. This season we aren’t and it’s obvious to anyone with eyes that we are not going to turn this form around quickly as it’s the way we play now. We have played like this every week for months. Couple of good spells in some games here and there but nothing to write home about.

We are too slow, too predictable and easy to defend against. Add to that a clear lack of leadership (what team changes their captain every other week), a lack of hunger in some players and an a clearly ageing team and we have problems.

Teams have sussed us.

Personally I think the FA cup is our best chance of silverware. I can’t see us winning the CL with this side, particularly the defence.

The signs have been there for a long time. But people who pointed it out were called defeatist. I wonder if even the most optimistic City fans have any genuine belief anymore? Someone should make a poll. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.