The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it all comes good with the charges but football gets more tribal by the day, sport channels overtaken by YouTube plonkers, National newspaper articles written by Rag & LFC supporters with a ton of hypocrisy. Even if the charges get dropped we’ll continue to get pilloried whilst we’re winning/challenging, that won’t ever change so sadly just need to brush it off and know that when we’re getting shit it’s because we’re damn good.
I agree. The best thing to do after a bad result is switch off. There is a limitless supply of football-related media now and much of it is partisan. I think it really does affect the mental health of many people.

Their fixtures vs ours

27th Feb
Leicester vs Arsenal
Bournmouth vs City ------ I expect us and Arsenal to win these games

March 1st
Arsenal vs Everton - their game in hand - Arsenal win meaning at this point they are 5 pts ahead

March 4th

City vs Newcastle
Arsenal vs Bournmouth - easy win for Arsenal - us - we will have to really turn up or we could lose

March 11th/ March 12
Palace vs City - hard place to go where we have had problems before with intense atmosphere - draw
Fulham vs Arsenal - can only see an arsenal win

March 19th
City vs West Ham - win for us
Arsenal vs Palace - could drop points here

April 1st
City vs Liverpool - depends if Pep is still trying to play Bernardo as a left back!!!!!!
Arsenal vs Leeds. - home win

April 8th
Liverpool vs Arsenal - hopefully they drop points there
Southampton vs City = away win to us hopefully

April 15
City vs Leicester - home win
West Ham vs Arsenal - away win

April 22nd
Arsenal vs Southampton - home win
Brighton vs City - ??????? should win

26th April
City vs Arsenal - home win

29th April
Arsenal vs Chelsea - normally that would beat difficult game for them but chelsea are playing like shit!
Fulham vs City - away win

6th May
Newcastle vs Arsenal - Arsenal could drop points
City vs Leeds - home win

13th May
Arsenal vs Brighton - home win
Everton vs City - a ground we normally really dont like going to - draw

20th May
City vs Chelsea - home win
Forest vs Arsenal - away win

27th May
Brentford vs City
Arsenal vs Wolves

If it goes to the last day I dont fancy us vs Brentford at all!

Issue is with us you just dont know - city of past pep seasons Id expect to win nearly all those games - however this season there are more than a few banana skins amongst that lot (Brentford away, Newcastle at home and Everton and Palace away). Their set of fixtures on the other hand besides their game against us plus Liverpool and Palace games all look easily winable for them

I can see them winning it by a few points even if we beat them at home
Results across PL today just show it’s impossible to predict any game.

It affects me. I agree. Football has got too important.
It is difficult to switch off, really can control. I started switching off any pre/post game stuff, won’t even watch HT stuff for any City games now. I don’t read newspapers, I don’t listen to shit like TalkSPORT or watch any YouTube footy stuff.

Just not worth it, avoid at all costs.

Their fixtures vs ours

27th Feb
Leicester vs Arsenal

March 1st
Arsenal vs Everton - their game in hand - Arsenal win meaning at this point they are 5 pts ahead

March 4th

City vs Newcastle
Arsenal vs Bournmouth - easy win for Arsenal - us - we will have to really turn up or we could lose

March 11th/ March 12
Palace vs City - hard place to go where we have had problems before with intense atmosphere - draw

March 19th

April 1st
City vs Liverpool - depends if Pep is still trying to play Bernardo as a left back!!!!!!

April 8th

April 15

April 22nd

26th April

29th April
Arsenal vs Chelsea - normally that would beat difficult game for them but chelsea are playing like shit!

6th May
City vs Leeds - home win

13th May

20th May

27th May
Brentford vs City
Arsenal vs Wolves

Issue is with us you just dont know - city of past pep seasons Id expect to win nearly all those games - however this season there are more than a few banana skins amongst that lot (Brentford away, Newcastle at home and Everton and Palace away). Their set of fixtures on the other hand besides their game against us plus Liverpool and Palace games all look easily winable for them

A lot of ifs and buts in there but some good points. In relation to how we played today, that is a massive 2 points dropped.

Their fixtures vs ours

27th Feb
Leicester vs Arsenal

March 1st

March 4th

City vs Newcastle

March 11th/ March 12

March 19th

April 1st

April 8th

April 15

April 22nd

26th April

29th April

6th May
City vs Leeds - home win

13th May

20th May

27th May
Brentford vs City
Arsenal vs Wolves

Impossible to predict anything with this seasons results. I would have had us nailed on to get 12 points out of Forest and Villa away and Brentford and Everton at home and get we got 3.

United aren’t out of it either. Don’t under estimate how many decisions they will get now,

Their fixtures vs ours

27th Feb
Leicester vs Arsenal

March 1st

March 4th

City vs Newcastle

March 11th/ March 12

March 19th

April 1st

April 8th

April 15

April 22nd

26th April

29th April

6th May
City vs Leeds - home win

13th May

20th May

27th May
Brentford vs City
Arsenal vs Wolves

Well I predicted City, Chelsea, Plymouth, Sunderland and Wolves to all win on my acca today and they all bloody let me down. Predicting results is a mugs game.

I agree. The best thing to do after a bad result is switch off. There is a limitless supply of football-related media now and much of it is partisan. I think it really does affect the mental health of many people.
Yep. I gave tonight's game a swerve after this afternoon. And I was looking forward to it from this morning as well. But the result from Forest drained me of any enthusiasm for football today. Probably won't bother again until the midweek CL games now. Tomorrow's games will be routine home wins in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.