The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This season we’re not really firing, our performances have been up and down even in games and we haven’t had a great 90 minutes in any big match. We were excellent 2nd half away to Arsenal and Chelsea and home to Spurs. We were great first half at home to united. Even the likes of Villa at home excellent first half and poor 2nd half.

We seem to either neuter ourselves with a strange formation then wake up with a change (Arsenal or Chelsea away, united away bar scandalous refereeing) or set up really well but lose our way (united home, villa home, forest away).

We need to remember how to start at our best and then manage the game properly like we have done so many times over the last few seasons. If we do that then we should be there or thereabouts.

That`s one explanation.
1,000 of players sign extensions - new contracts etc - but as we know - you don't have all the trf's if your a free agent! Often a contract is given with an eye on the market - it could easily be factoring that in. I think IF Pep was committed to another few years than Phil maybe the type of player Pep would cash in on. I really think Pep wants those who are just so focussed - robot like. Which is his prerogative as the manager

More chance of me sleeping with Taylor Swift than Mbappe joining City.
I thought that about Haaland tbf, I thought Real Madrid would have turned his head. Glad he is with us as i like the character BUT don't think Haaland is our answer TBF

Our problem is at full back, both left and right, we had no depth before Joao went on holiday. Its bordering on incompetence, to be left so bereft of quality it what is a key area of our game.

This season we’re not really firing, our performances have been up and down even in games and we haven’t had a great 90 minutes in any big match. We were excellent 2nd half away to Arsenal and Chelsea and home to Spurs. We were great first half at home to united. Even the likes of Villa at home excellent first half and poor 2nd half.

We seem to either neuter ourselves with a strange formation then wake up with a change (Arsenal or Chelsea away, united away bar scandalous refereeing) or set up really well but lose our way (united home, villa home, forest away).

We need to remember how to start at our best and then manage the game properly like we have done so many times over the last few seasons. If we do that then we should be there or thereabouts.
Taking our foot off the gas when 6-1 up against the rags in a carnival atmosphere and conceding a couple of late consolation goals isn’t losing our way nor is easing up in the 2nd half against an outclassed and already beaten Villa

There’s a reason why we finish seasons so strongly - we have more mental and physical energy left because we conserve it in games like those

Foden and haaland? Got to be having a laugh? Fuck me. Who are you replacing them with out of interest? Cant wait to hear this...
Who know's maybe no one - we are not privvy. Blue Moon is not a factual publication is it!!!!!!! -but threads are not there for attention seeking but to start a fiery debate - I just think certain players may be involved in surprising conversations...but may not, i just support from afar like all of us. Foden could be club captain, pen taker, starter in every game next season.....who knows . Just supporting City for over 50 years you can see potential patterns that may or may not come to fruition. By the way, Bernie has been an amazing player for us. BUT i do find it a bit grating when he constantly seems to be chipping away hinting he doesn't really enjoy being here - bar the money! Some may argue it doesn't come across like that. One thing i'm not Blue is a one eyed blue - certainly not a rag as ridiculously suggested

In such a weird season it seems to me that the Premier league has already decided that it wants either arsenal or the rags to win the league. Yes I know arsenal had that bad decision against brentford but they had 2 favourable since then. And the rags have been getting them all season.

IF we win it - miracle year - i think Utd will have a say sadly

I wonder go as far as calling it a miracle if we win it. I think people have had their memories blurred a bit these last few years where ourselves three times and Liverpool once, have won the league with exceptionally high points totals. They very much aren’t the norm.

We’re tracking for 82 or 83 points at the moment. That’s unlikely to be enough with Arsenal’s huge half way total. But the average number of points required to finish above second place is actually less than 81.

United won it with 75 points in ‘96-‘97 and even the ‘greatest team of all time’ only managed 79 points in 1999.

As for United. I can’t see it personally. The chances of them maintaining their post World Cup form all the way to the end is very slim. Even if they did, it would unlikely be enough.

The issues are 100% the left back nonsense we've allowed to get worse and worse for years to the point it's impacted our RB and CB options.

the Keeper has never been a great shot stopper but we've generally been solid enough at the back to make that not an issue, now teams just lump the ball down whatever wing we are doing some experimental fullback bullshit and we concede a chance.

We've had Cancelo, Ake, Laporte, Lewis, Gomez, Foden and Bernardo Silva playing there nominally this season if that doesn't tell you they don't have a clue how to fix it nothing will.

When we play a solid CB out there and try and have the RB pushing into midfield and we get countered down the right rather than left.

We've had our best all round CB (Stones) either playing RB or getting injured being constantly dragged out wide to cover a fullback who's been trying to play holding midfield.

The 2 years of false 9 and extra midfield cover it gave you generally covered for the shiteness at left back as it bunged up the middle of the pitch and reduced the opportunity to counter.

I don't see how it gets resolved before summer, only way I can think is Ake left back Walker RB Stones CB but pushing into midfield when we have the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.