The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree and I thought Saturday we were back to what we used to be dominate making loads of chances only shame we didn’t get the 3 points

We are getting there mate, that's my belief.

Pep has tried to make us more attacking by putting in Bernie at left-back and that midfield overload has worked in that regard, at least we are creating more clear chances.

The conundrum now comes. Pep has been able to accommodate Bernie's work ethic and ball technique but keep Kev in the team.

Stones coming back will give us a different type of pass out and overload in the middle.

Personally, I think we need to choose our games with Kev, save him for the biggest ones, because he's gassed.

Jack is buzzing, Foden looks great on the right, so push Bernie in with Rodri and Gundo.

WALKER..STONES...DIAS...AKE
.........RODRI.....BERNIE....
.............GUNDO........
PHIL........VIKING.......JACK

Pep has tried to make us more attacking by putting in Bernie at left-back and that midfield overload has worked in that regard, at least we are creating more clear chances.

The conundrum now comes. Pep has been able to accommodate Bernie's work ethic and ball technique but keep Kev in the team.

Stones coming back will give us a different type of pass out and overload in the middle.

Personally, I think we need to choose our games with Kev, save him for the biggest ones, because he's gassed.

Jack is buzzing, Foden looks great on the right, so push Bernie in with Rodri and Gundo.

I’d try the formation we‘ve played recently, but with Phil in place of Gundo. It would give us more legs having Phil and Bernie in there with Kev and Rodders.

Ive been screaming for that team.

Ive been screaming for that team.

I would like to see it at least given a go.

Even KDB on the right, where his best delivery comes from would be ideal, as he is probably quicker than Mahrez both in terms of a willingness to get back and also play a faster pass.

Less onus on Kev's legs keeping the pitch wide.

I would like to see it at least given a go.

Even KDB on the right, where his best delivery comes from would be ideal, as he is probably quicker than Mahrez both in terms of a willingness to get back and also play a faster pass.

Less onus on Kev's legs keeping the pitch wide.
I always felt we stumbled upon perfection two seasons ago when we had a midfield three of Rodri, Gundogan and Bernardo, and KDB as "false 9". That will clearly not happen now, but I think we can accommodate KDB in the front three when his radar is off and/or he's racking up the mileage in his legs. You'd have to say that right-footed crosses from the right must surely be meat and drink to Haaland.

Taking our foot off the gas when 6-1 up against the rags in a carnival atmosphere and conceding a couple of late consolation goals isn’t losing our way nor is easing up in the 2nd half against an outclassed and already beaten Villa

There’s a reason why we finish seasons so strongly - we have more mental and physical energy left because we conserve it in games like those

But that's not what been happening. Since the WC we have been turning games in to ordeals rather than displays. This is down to a weak squad and bedding in Erling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.