The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only advantage the winner has is 3 points. We lost to the dippers with 5 games left in 2014 and even though they were awarded the title that day we won 5 in a row to win it as they crumbled.

A psychological advantage over an opponent is built up over time and can’t be turned around with just one defeat. Our amazing run of success fighting to the death season after season has given us a psychological ascendancy that will have Arsenal nervously looking over their shoulders to the very end
Not really the same, as, after that game against Liverpool, we were 7 pts behind with 2 games in hand. (We also drew our next match as we had six to play, and Liverpool didn't really crumble - they lost to Chelsea who were also above us in the table - the 'crumble' memory is probably that draw with Palace, which ultimately meant nothing as we'd won our games in hand and were top of the table at that point).

With Arsenal, if things don't change till be play them, then we'd be 8 pts behind with 5 each to play if they win. Closer to the 11/12 season with United, but closing that gap involved us beating United.

For what it's worth, I'd be surprised if it's still exactly 5 pts when we play them, but if it is, we need to win.

Just as important of course, but I don’t see them losing anywhere else, apart from Pool and us.
I think both teams are going to drop between 5 and 8 points each.

I still don’t think we look remotely like a champion team, but they’re inexperienced at this so you don’t know how they’re going to finish the season.

Although, I do think Jesus coming back for them will be big. I think they’ve missed him. I thought his work rate up front was the main thing that built them their momentum at the start of the season, he transformed that team.

I do get a sense that because certain players are coming back into form, we are now going through the gears and if we continue to do do, and start repeatedly winning with total conviction, like last night, the pressure on Arsenal will increase to a point where it will be difficult to resist, given the age of their squad and relative inexperience.

As long as we keep winning…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.