The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and as we've been here before, we know how to manage the back end of a season.

I do think that whoever wins the game between us will have the psychological advantage though.
The only advantage the winner has is 3 points. We lost to the dippers with 5 games left in 2014 and even though they were awarded the title that day we won 5 in a row to win it as they crumbled.

A psychological advantage over an opponent is built up over time and can’t be turned around with just one defeat. Our amazing run of success fighting to the death season after season has given us a psychological ascendancy that will have Arsenal nervously looking over their shoulders to the very end

We (as fans) having being doing this for 11 years now. We've seen us drop points where we'd expect to get them, seen us gain points we're not sure how (Leicester at home and Villa last game last season for a start). And we've seen plenty of times the opposition have dropped points when you wouldn't expect it - rags at Everton in 2012, scousers each time.

The pressure builds from this point, plus the expectation on Arsenal. Some teams will be on holiday the last few weeks which can mean playing in a dangerous, care free way, whilst others will spend the next couple of months scrapping for every point.

Plenty of twists and turns to come.

If we do what we can do and Arsenal still win it, well done to them, they deserve it. I'll only be disappointed if we throw more points away with poor performances and allow them to stumble over the line with no pressure
Our chumps league focus may see to this.

Expected better from fulham tbh they are much better than that there is no doubt we are the better team than arsenal and we can easily go on a big winning streak honestly feel if they lose against us they would crack

Last edited:
The only advantage the winner has is 3 points. We lost to the dippers with 5 games left in 2014 and even though they were awarded the title that day we won 5 in a row to win it as they crumbled.

A psychological advantage over an opponent is built up over time and can’t be turned around with just one defeat. Our amazing run of success fighting to the death season after season has given us a psychological ascendancy that will have Arsenal nervously looking over their shoulders to the very end
I know and i would never count us out until it's mathematically impossible, but dependant on the gap, a win for them could give them a huge boost.

But if we win, we'd have beaten them three times this season then, so they'd know we were the better team and i just think that would have a negative impact on them.

Fulham tried their best to make sure Arsenal don't slip up yesterday. They were awful.
I fully expected this result as I honestly believe that Fulham have been punching way above their weight this season and will fall back into mid-table mediocracy why they belong.. Which, I hasten to add, is still a damn fine showing for a small club with a limited, albeit mainly well to-do, fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.