The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a really harsh sacking IMO. They've had an insane run of fixtures. Average table position of their opponents in 2023 is 5th.
I agree with you
The Premier league now as ten clubs that have sacked their manager this season alone. Most likely one of the ten sacked managers will get the palace job.
When a team as a temp manager they normally get a response. So fingers crossed. CTID

Who are these inferior teams?
Who kicks us all over?

Liverpool are the worst for it with their midfield cunts Fabinho, Thiago and Milner and we won’t be playing them in Europe, just in the Prem and Arsenal also have to play them.

The CL is far less physical in terms of being kicked than the Prem is in general outside of the Redscouse n’all.

I have been of the belief when City have been in a similar position it can really deflate us.
I dunno, that season where Spurs knocked us out in the cruelest way possible and then we had to play them at home in the early kick off the next Saturday was one of the bravest, if certainly not best, performances I've seen from a City side.

Last edited:
Certainly when it comes to City I feel like we're much better when we play regularly and are in a rhythm. That game is irrelevant until a few days before it whereas for Arsenal, like you say, it's a focus for a long time and can therefore build up the nerves. They would benefit from being in the Europa in my opinion. They're a team that has been mentally weak before. Last season they were nailed on for 4th but absolutely bottled it, to Spurs of all teams. So they'll start creaking when each game has that added pressure with no distraction. They might still get the job done, but we shall see. This could galvanise them and be used as a tool not to feel that disappointment again. For the majority of their squad this is their first time competing for anything significant though, pressure will tell. It's not like Leicester where they really didn't expect to win. Those Arsenal fans expect now, the media will be all over them if they slip up. Can they handle it?

I'd go along with nearly all of that. I'd just point out, as I have already on this forum, that in the 2012 run-in, that everybody not a City fan was emphasising that United had been there, done it and got the t-shirt over and over, and that nobody actually playing for City was even born the last time we'd been champions. We very nearly fucked it up, too, I will allow. But in the end…

I dunno, that season where Spurs knocked us out in the cruelest way possible and then we had to play them out home in the early kick off the next Saturday was one of the bravest, if certainly not best, performances I've seen from a City side.
The way we responded to the loss at the Bernabeu last season, which must've been unbelievably deflating for the players, with a convincing 5-0 win over Newcastle a few days later was pretty impressive too.

I'd go along with nearly all of that. I'd just point out, as I have already on this forum, that in the 2012 run-in, that everybody not a City fan was emphasising that United had been there, done it and got the t-shirt over and over, and that nobody actually playing for City was even born the last time we'd been champions. We very nearly fucked it up, too, I will allow. But in the end…

We were chasing then! We weren't able to stamp our authority and get ourselves into a position of building a lead in the title race. Arsenal have it all to lose. We could play with the pressure off being so far behind united. Things only changed when they came to town and we could beat them to swing the balance back in our favour, which we did.

The general point is correct though, there's nothing to say they can't go and win it. The dippers finally managed to win the title*. But we will see. A long way to go yet. The fact they crashed and burned over the final months last season does give me hope. But we're now going to be playing at least two very tricky CL games whilst they're sat with their feet up.

*no one saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.