The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool could really do us a favour next week.

For all their disasters this season, they still have the 3rd best home record in the league and have only lost once.

Arsenal were very nervy yesterday until they got gifted the penalty by Leeds.

I still think we'll win the title, but if we could make that gap 5 points with a game in hand and the head to head match to come, I'd be feeling a lot more confident.
That is true. Their position in the league is more to do with their away form, they have only won 3 times away and have lost 8-a record similar to those fighting relegation.

It's easy to look at things like this just through our blue glasses!
If we end up winning the title by a point, Arsenal will feel the same about their home 0-0 draw against Newcastle when they had two big penalty shouts late in the game, one of which was pretty much nailed on yet VAR declined to get involved or their home draw with Brentford when VAR missed a blatant offside in the buildup to the equaliser they conceded.
Yeah it’s like how scousers moan about the Rodri handball v Everton last season, without factoring in the 2 h2h games where we were robbed of 3 points and no doubt plenty of other decisions

If Liverpool wins against Chelsea, then they'll start to get some belief and confidence back again. They are desperate to clinch a top 4 spot so a win will buoy them before their match against arsenal. That and the match being played at anfield should be interesting.

I said earlier on here that I believe arsenal are farmers against lower-table teams and will not turn up against top 4/5 teams. The match against liverpool is going to be the first test in run-in. Idk, I just feel that their inexperience will show in the run-in.

What do you reckon are your tough games where you think there's a really possibility of dropping points and would you agree that your run in looks more difficult than ours on paper?
These look like the toughest:

City (obviously)
Liverpool away next weekend
Newcastle away

For you, us (obviously)
Brighton and Brentford away

On balance, I think we do have the tougher run in

If Liverpool wins against Chelsea, then they'll start to get some belief and confidence back again. They are desperate to clinch a top 4 spot so a win will buoy them before their match against arsenal. That and the match being played at anfield should be interesting.

I said earlier on here that I believe arsenal are farmers against lower-table teams and will not turn up against top 4/5 teams. The match against liverpool is going to be the first test in run-in. Idk, I just feel that their inexperience will show in the run-in.
Fair play if they get through Newcastle and Liverpool unscathed. It's going to be squeaky bum time for Gooner fans having all that hope only for it to go to pot in a couple of games. Fortunately for Arteta he will have 8 days to prepare for the Klanfield showdown. First time I'll be wanting a dipper win since our rivalry began. Actually, I hope they beat Chelsea as well to give them even more belief heading into the Arsenal game.

Last edited:
We need Liverpool to get something - ideally a win - against Chelsea this week before the go into their game against Arsenal.

Also Everton beating Spurs tonight.

We beat then and they draw any one of their remaining games and we're in, that's how I see it and I believe that we will win at the end of the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.