The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth noticing how this thread has gone from constant dismissal of 'no chance they only got 60 something points last season, it's not in their dna, they are a young side that wont last, they havent done it before' to picking out individual games they might maybe drop some points in what's left. Assuming we beat them in our game. Like nothing fucking happened and nobody is even remotely surprised.

Last edited:
I think once Arsenal beat Liverpool this weekend the title race is pretty much over
I cant see Arsenal winning at Anfield with Rob Holding and Gabriel in defence, this is Liverpool's first home game since the 7-0 win over man u, they will be up for this game.

Worth noticing how this thread has gone from constant dismissal of 'no chance they only got 60 something points last season, it's not in their dna, they are a young side that wont last, they havent done it before' to picking out individual games they might maybe drop sone points in what's left. Assuming we beat them in our game. Like nothing fucking happened and nobody is even remotely surprised.
Got the Leicester vibes about it.

They've been beat 8 times away from home this season in the league I believe, but still only lost once at home.

There's a massive difference between their away form and home form. And I mentioned our record at Anfield. Throw in Merseyside, in general, as we seem to feck things up against Everton of all teams. In fact, add Manchester to that as well, we tend to always shit the bed there as well.

I could be full of bravado and say we're better than them currently and will go there and beat them. But honestly, until they prove to me they can go to the most difficult grounds and win, then I'll always be wary.
Liverpool are shite away from home, but as we all know it's a different story at Anfield. Difficult to predict but I fancy a draw.

My dream scenario from the situation we are in now is going into the last game 2 points off the top. Arsenal draw and we win to win the league.
Nobody has won the league in the PL era when not being top going into the last day so would be a first - the rags came pretty close!

My dream scenario from the situation we are in now is going into the last game 2 points off the top. Arsenal draw and we win to win the league.
Nobody has won the league in the PL era when not being top going into the last day so would be a first - the rags came pretty close!

No I think I'd rather we were top just as early as possible, thanks.

The gap is currently two points, that's the way I choose to see it.

Factoring us winning our game in hand and needing to beat Arsenal at home, regardless.

All the rest is just hype.

Arsenal only need to draw a game and then goal difference becomes a factor.

All the above is based on us being perfect, which I don't expect, but I suspect Arsenal will be less so as the pressure mounts.

If they fail to take maximum points from Liverpool and Newcastle away, we will do it again.
This is exactly what I was thinking. We’re just waiting for that Arse draw. If they do, we’ll add another gear and they could end up 3 points behind us by the end.

Arsenal will spank a sinking West Ham side, got to hope Liverpool can actually turn up for once on Sunday and take at least a point, but I think they've gone and Klopp will go at the end of the season

Brighton? Newcastle? De Zerbi has gotten brighton firing on all fronts and they look really good and as for newcastle they are monsters in transition and we still struggle in transitions.

We don't have to play either of them again in the run-in, Arsenal do. So, assuming you're not an Arsenal fan, why do you see them as a problem?

I don't think we'll drop points any points. The only 'concern' is the Arsenal game, but they'll be a lot more worried than City, that's for sure.

If we reach the CL and/or FA cup final, and it's mathematically impossible for us to win the league on the last day, Pep isn't likely to risk his main men against Brentford. That's the only situation I can see us dropping any other points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.