The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think it's possible the dippers throw this game? So they don't help us, such is their hatred for us
It's very possible. Can see Bingo giving a mediocre team talk and Klanfield being a "bit" more quiet. We really could've done with them beating Chelsea to give them a glimmer of hope for 4th. As it is they've blown it big time. Let's hope they still have ambitions for the Thursday cup or Europa conference.

Last edited:
I equally understand your analysis, and players won't be thinking about it, I believe. Only we on here have the leisure to do that.
I don't think it's only about the final goal difference consideration. The plain fact is that if you've got a 3-0 cushion, or more, round about the sixty-minute mark, you can start sending subs on, and giving your key players valuable rest, while keeping your subs sharp. In a schedule as crowded as ours in the coming month that may well be important. If you're only leading 1-0 managers are notoriously wary of mixing it up, unless obliged to by injury. And Pep's no different there.
I'd prefer we win every game 3-0 too ;)

One thing to think about is that for it to go to goal difference we will likely have beaten Arsenal (so at least a 2 goal swing [edited cos I'm an idiot]) and we'll have won a game they drew (at least a 1 goal swing) so if it comes to it we'll have a head start.

But I always dreaded this possibility with Liverpool. Both go into the last game of the season on equal points, both score early, and then it becomes a shootout.

Last edited:
I'd prefer we win every game 3-0 too ;)

One thing to think about is that for it to go to goal difference we will likely have beaten Arsenal (so at least a 1 goal swing) and we'll have won a game they drew (at least a 1 goal swing) so if it comes to it we'll have a head start.

But I always dreaded this possibility with Liverpool. Both go into the last game of the season on equal points, both score early, and then it becomes a shootout.
2 goal swing - we'd gain 1, they'd lose 1

More than likely.

The ferals wouldn't complain at a 2-0 loss.

They all looked like they were on the beach at Chelsea.
I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but people underestimate the scousers hatred for us. Could easily see them not giving a shite vs arsenal and not wanting to help us in any way possible

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but people underestimate the scousers hatred for us. Could easily see them not giving a shite vs arsenal and not wanting to help us in any way possible
Their fans hate us with every fiber of their being, but I'm not sure their players hate us to that level. They also still have some chance of making top four, so they do have something to play for.

Remember in the 90’s when we played Leeds when they won the title and we all were unsure where our loyalties lay that day. We smashed them 4-0 and Maine Road was rocking regardless of what it meant for United. I very much doubt players, manager or fans will want anything other than a win once it comes to it on Sunday.

Remember in the 90’s when we played Leeds when they won the title and we all were unsure where our loyalties lay that day. We smashed them 4-0 and Maine Road was rocking regardless of what it meant for United. I very much doubt players, manager or fans will want anything other than a win once it comes to it on Sunday.
All fans and players love to play the role of party poopers. Think of the Scousers sinking Keenan’s Toon 4-3 back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.