The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Arsenal has been very good this year. I personally didn't see it coming, but they fully deserve their place in the table to date. If they hold on, I'll tip my cap to to them with no hard feelings

That being said they have a far tougher run in than we do, at least in the league. This weekend is huge. Anfield is not an easy place to win in, no matter how mediocre Liverpool has been this year. If they come away with all three points ... and their hubcaps intact ... than fair fucks. We'll see what happens

Having a weekend game wasn’t the reason why we bottled it against Madrid in the final minutes of the game. We hammered them over two legs and should have strolled to the final. Chanpions league knockout games don’t affect our prem games either, I’d say they make us more prepared for the remaining games. What I would say is law of averages would suggest that you can’t win every single game in the run in, champions league included. You do have to be spot on, which is sort of what you’re saying. I’d say it’s more luck than anything.
Not sure it’s fair to say we bottled it against Real, mate. We just got hit with a quick one two near the end. Did QPR bottle it in 2012? Or Villa last season? Sometimes these things happen, and it’s one of the reasons we love football.

They can forget CL football, but they need Europa. They'd probably take Conference League. No European football is a disaster for boardroom, manager, players and fans. It's not a positive at all. Recruitment, contract extensions, match day spending, television rights, how much fans would miss mid-week games.
If they need Europa so badly why do English clubs treat it so badly? Weakened teams, playing youth players, most of them can’t wait to be relieved of the extra fixtures. The only clubs I see treating it properly are Seville and clubs from minor leagues.

Not sure it’s fair to say we bottled it against Real, mate. We just got hit with a quick one two near the end. Did QPR bottle it in 2012? Or Villa last season? Sometimes these things happen, and it’s one of the reasons we love football.
Personally I think the late injury to Walker did us in that game, it enabled Vini Jr to rip us apart on our right flank. I know the missed chances prevented us moving out of sight but it was more than a quick one two.

Personally I think the late injury to Walker did us in that game, it enabled Vini Jr to rip us apart on our right flank. I know the missed chances prevented us moving out of sight but it was more than a quick one two.
Fair enough, but I still maintain it’s unwarranted to characterise it as a bottle job, especially when we went on to win the league under enormous pressure.

Obviously a must win game for us today, but Arsenal also need to drop points this weekend for us to have a chance. Anything could happen in the run in, but with the gap and extra game we need them to start dropping points now to ramp the pressure up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.