The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember in the 90’s when we played Leeds when they won the title and we all were unsure where our loyalties lay that day. We smashed them 4-0 and Maine Road was rocking regardless of what it meant for United. I very much doubt players, manager or fans will want anything other than a win once it comes to it on Sunday.

Kicked off in the away end at Villa a couple of years later when some City fans were cheering Villa equalising and then scoring again, when they were going for the title with United.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but people underestimate the scousers hatred for us. Could easily see them not giving a shite vs arsenal and not wanting to help us in any way possible
In front of their own fans? Not sure if you're being playful, but I really don't think so. By the way, they have a fairly healthy hatred for Arsenal. In fact, when it comes right down to it, they just hate everyone, you know?
No, I think they'll lose purely and simply because they're shite, and Arsenal are good.

Just been taking a look at the scheduling for the upcoming weeks and it's pretty favourable for us in terms of who plays exactly when on any given weekend bearing in mind that the accepted wisdom is that it's better to play before your rivals when it's a two team race. Out of all the weekends up to and including Matchweek 36 when ourselves and Arsenal both play, we go first four times out of five. Matchweek 37 timings are still to be confirmed and Matchweek 38 (as everyone knows) sees all games played simultaneously.

Matchweek 30
Southampton v City - Saturday 5:30
Liverpool v Arsenal - Sunday 4:30

Matchweek 31
City v Leicester - Saturday 5:30
West Ham v Arsenal - Sunday 2:00

Matchweek 32
Arsenal v Southampton - Friday 8:00
No PL game for us due to FA Cup SF

Matchweek 33
City v Arsenal - Wednesday 8:00

Matchweek 34
Arsenal v Chelsea - Saturday 5:30
Fulham v City - Sunday 2:00

Rearranged game
City v West Ham - Wednesday 8:00

Matchweek 35
City v Leeds - Sunday 2:00 (may move to Saturday depending on possible CL scheduling)
Newcastle v Arsenal - Sunday 4:30

Matchweek 36
Everton v City - Sunday 2:00 (may move to Saturday depending on possible CL scheduling)
Arsenal v Brighton - Sunday 4:30

So all in all I don't think we can have too many complaints about the TV scheduling. Interestingly after the Arsenal v Chelsea game, we play three times before Arsenal next kick off at Newcastle. We may start to have a good idea how things are going to pan out by the end of that weekend.

If I'm not confident, it's because I think the CL is a huge target this year. It's almost impossible to bring your best in super high profile mid week games, and keep the rhythm of wining every week.
Having a weekend game wasn’t the reason why we bottled it against Madrid in the final minutes of the game. We hammered them over two legs and should have strolled to the final. Chanpions league knockout games don’t affect our prem games either, I’d say they make us more prepared for the remaining games. What I would say is law of averages would suggest that you can’t win every single game in the run in, champions league included. You do have to be spot on, which is sort of what you’re saying. I’d say it’s more luck than anything.

Just been taking a look at the scheduling for the upcoming weeks and it's pretty favourable for us in terms of who plays exactly when on any given weekend bearing in mind that the accepted wisdom is that it's better to play before your rivals when it's a two team race. Out of all the weekends up to and including Matchweek 36 when ourselves and Arsenal both play, we go first four times out of five. Matchweek 37 timings are still to be confirmed and Matchweek 38 (as everyone knows) sees all games played simultaneously.

Matchweek 30
Southampton v City - Saturday 5:30
Liverpool v Arsenal - Sunday 4:30

Matchweek 31
City v Leicester - Saturday 5:30
West Ham v Arsenal - Sunday 2:00

Matchweek 32
Arsenal v Southampton - Friday 8:00
No PL game for us due to FA Cup SF

Matchweek 33
City v Arsenal - Wednesday 8:00

Matchweek 34
Arsenal v Chelsea - Saturday 5:30
Fulham v City - Sunday 2:00

Rearranged game
City v West Ham - Wednesday 8:00

Matchweek 35
City v Leeds - Sunday 2:00 (may move to Saturday depending on possible CL scheduling)
Newcastle v Arsenal - Sunday 4:30

Matchweek 36
Everton v City - Sunday 2:00 (may move to Saturday depending on possible CL scheduling)
Arsenal v Brighton - Sunday 4:30

So all in all I don't think we can have too many complaints about the TV scheduling. Interestingly after the Arsenal v Chelsea game, we play three times before Arsenal next kick off at Newcastle. We may start to have a good idea how things are going to pan out by the end of that weekend.
I think who ever plays first is looked at to much. Playing before and playing after both have benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.