The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like the whole season is on a knife edge and it rests with this game at Anfield today. The bookies currently have Arsenal 10/11 on and us 1/1 but at the final whistle today there is going to be a big swing one way or the other. Come on Liverpool!!

Any thoughts on whether the dippers “should be brave” as Klopp puts it or approach the game more conservatively?
Doesn’t rest with this game at all, if we do our job we need them to drop points in one game, might be this, might be Newcastle. Like every other title race it may well happen in a game we don’t expect, just like united with Wigan and Everton, or liverpool with palace.

Btw about the stones role. Yesterday he seemed to struggle a bit? I don't know if it was due to the high pressing + them committing a lot of bodies in the centre or perhaps mental fatigue since this new position requires you to take into consideration so many things even pep said as much that it's not easy for him. I guess it's one of those things where with time you get more and more comfortable with it.

The whole team was a bit slow and complacent in the 1st half, the tempo wasn't right, which made it easier for their forwards to press us and force mistakes here and there. Guess Pep subbed Stones off to keep him fresh for Bayern.

Doesn’t rest with this game at all, if we do our job we need them to drop points in one game, might be this, might be Newcastle. Like every other title race it may well happen in a game we don’t expect, just like united with Wigan and Everton, or liverpool with palace.
Or Liverpool against Leicester in 2019.

It feels like the whole season is on a knife edge and it rests with this game at Anfield today. The bookies currently have Arsenal 10/11 on and us 1/1 but at the final whistle today there is going to be a big swing one way or the other. Come on Liverpool!!

Any thoughts on whether the dippers “should be brave” as Klopp puts it or approach the game more conservatively?
They just need to employ their usual shithouse tactics and they should get the points….that and the ‘famous’ anfield fans…

As a City supporter, I can sincerely say that if you asked me which team, above all others, I would not want to be playing in this run-in, it would be Newcastle at St James's Park. I'd take Arsenal away over them if given a choice. If they beat us and the Toons, or even get two draws, you've got to take your hat off to them and say, fair fucks. I don't see either of those happening.

As a City supporter, I can sincerely say that if you asked me which team, above all others, I would not want to be playing in this run-in, it would be Newcastle at St James's Park. I'd take Arsenal away over them if given a choice. If they beat us and the Toons, or even get two draws, you've got to take your hat off to them and say, fair fucks. I don't see either of those happening.
Brighton is no gimme either. They are a very good side and we both have to play them albeit we are away.

Arsenal will not like coming to Newcastle where the atmosphere will be hostile towards them, they’ll be remembering what happened to them last season for the full week before the game. We will almost certainly need the points and we’ll give them one hell of a game for 90+ minutes. Arsenal have two very tough games after today and they’ll not relish either.

Keep winning your games and I think the rest will look after itself. You have two tough games, Arsenal and Brighton and you’ll beat Brighton. Arsenal have two tough games and I think they’ll lose both.

By the end of April, we will have 2 games in hand.

Today, dippers v le Arse

15th City v Leicester

16th West Ham v le Arse

21st le Arse v Southampton

26th City v le Arse

29th le Arse v Chelsea
30th Fulham v City

Would be nice if we can get the full 9 points and le Arse pick up only 6 at maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.