The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would that work exactly? Are they all in on it? Does Klopp tell them to throw the game as part of his team talk before the game, or does he tell each player individually? Or does he not know about it, and the players do it behind his back?
How dare you bring logic and critical thinking on here.

Doesn’t rest with this game at all, if we do our job we need them to drop points in one game, might be this, might be Newcastle. Like every other title race it may well happen in a game we don’t expect, just like united with Wigan and Everton, or liverpool with palace.
True, I only said it feels like that. When I used the knife edge analogy I was only really referring to the delicate balance of the bookie odds. If Arsenal get the three points today the betting will fall heavily in their favour, otherwise they will fall heavily in ours.

the only game other than the head to head with Arsenal that worries me is the last game of the season away at Brentford.

The have already beaten us, they will be able to play with freedom and no pressure and they are the exact tyoe fo team and supporters that would love to have a say in something.

as others have said for arsenal that game against Newcastle is probably harder than the one today against the scousers.....St James park will be bouncing. Normally you would also look at the chelsea game as possible dropped points but Chelsea are truly shit at present so that will be 3 pts to arsenal.

Other than that Arsenal have:
West ham (Away)
Southamton (home)
Brighton (home)
Forest (away)
Wolves (home)

I cant see them dropping any points in any of those (wolves in previous seasons might have been difficult but not now)....you woud have to think they will smash most of those...

Scousers and the Toon are where we need them to drop points.....and then we have to absolutely destroy them when we meet them...that happens they could lose their heads and drop further points if they do slip behind.

the only game other than the head to head with Arsenal that worries me is the last game of the season away at Brentford.

The have already beaten us, they will be able to play with freedom and no pressure and they are the exact tyoe fo team and supporters that would love to have a say in something.

as others have said for arsenal that game against Newcastle is probably harder than the one today against the scousers.....St James park will be bouncing. Normally you would also look at the chelsea game as possible dropped points but Chelsea are truly shit at present so that will be 3 pts to arsenal.

Other than that Arsenal have:
West ham (Away)
Southamton (home)
Brighton (home)
Forest (away)
Wolves (home)

I cant see them dropping any points in any of those (wolves in previous seasons might have been difficult but not now)....you woud have to think they will smash most of those...

Scousers and the Toon are where we need them to drop points.....and then we have to absolutely destroy them when we meet them...that happens they could lose their heads and drop further points if they do slip behind.
Brighton away could be tricky.

I think if arsenal drop points today, they will have a mini crumble and also drop next week away at West ham.
Thye have Southampton at home after that so will win that then they have to come to us.
If the above does come trues and they drop at Liverpool and West ham, a draw would be ok against arsenal.

For those who believe the dippers would throw this: anybody remember how Everton weren't trying in that game towards the end of the 2014 run-in? Yeah, right… I was bricking it for the entire ninety minutes. One of the most unpleasant games I've had to watch.
In the days prior to that, we were treated to the unique spectacle of LFC fans going on Grand Old Team to literally beg Everton to beat us — and rags coming on here to beg us to beat Everton!! I remember it well, and had a very good chortle (at the time, the rags still hated Liverpool more than us… that may have changed in the intervening years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.