The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you that gaining or missing out on 3 points in early November won’t in itself make or break a title challenge.

Psychologically however if they can go away to a big rival like Chelsea and win it’s the kind of result that can give a young developing team a massive boost.

Absolutely. They have already beaten Spurs and Liverpool however.

That is one thing with Pep that seems to divide opinion. Treating, publicly at least, these games as just 3 points. On the one hand I get why it is frustrating, on the other, takes that milestone round the neck off.

Agree with you that gaining or missing out on 3 points in early November won’t in itself make or break a title challenge.

Psychologically however if they can go away to a big rival like Chelsea and win it’s the kind of result that can give a young developing team a massive boost.

You are right though, psychologically the game will have a huge effect on them. Losing, more than winning.

If they lose it, or even draw, they could well find themselves behind us in the table, provided we win our game. The fact they have had such an incredible start to the season, played so well, dropped so few points and are Still behind us will be a bigger blow to the belief than actually just losing to chelsea.

And if they win, it will give them a big boost. But at the same time, that pressure that the next time they drop points they may well find themselves behind despite all the good results, will still be there. Not something they have dealt with before. Apart from Gabi, Zinch and Arteta, of course.

Chelsea are a shambles. I reckon Arsenal will go there and put 3 or 4 past them.

I think Arsenal will finish second this season, but I'm not convinced they have the depth to win the title. We shouldn't be complacent though. Arteta is a brilliant manager.

Chelsea are a shambles. I reckon Arsenal will go there and put 3 or 4 past them.

I think Arsenal will finish second this season, but I'm not convinced they have the depth to win the title. We shouldn't be complacent though. Arteta is a brilliant manager.

Spurs been piss poor as in there play but they are third and they have a top a manager knowing how to win trophies

You are right though, psychologically the game will have a huge effect on them. Losing, more than winning.

If they lose it, or even draw, they could well find themselves behind us in the table, provided we win our game. The fact they have had such an incredible start to the season, played so well, dropped so few points and are Still behind us will be a bigger blow to the belief than actually just losing to chelsea.

And if they win, it will give them a big boost. But at the same time, that pressure that the next time they drop points they may well find themselves behind despite all the good results, will still be there. Not something they have dealt with before. Apart from Gabi, Zinch and Arteta, of course.
Not enough have been said about City and to be fair to them (spit) Liverpool's mental toughness over the past five years. Looks like it has finally caught up with Liverpool a little bit, but it's really fucking hard work playing week in and week out knowing a single dropped point might cost you the league.

Yeah fair comment.

Aside from an against the run of play defeat at OT things could barely have gone any better for them and as you say if they lose and were to find themselves trailing behind a City team who haven’t yet been firing on all cylinders that could well sow seeds of doubt in their minds.

I don't think their Chelsea game is that big. If they lose, is that their season over all of a sudden? It would still be only their second loss in 13 games, only the 3rd they haven't won.

Does our loss to liverpool mean we are unlikely to win the title?

There are still 26 games to play for both teams.
An Arsenal loss versus Chelsea would be good for the league

Last edited:

On current form Arsenal should win at Chelsea, but it's a London Derby and both Potter and his team will be looking for a reaction after the Brighton game. I think the game will be a draw which will be a good result for City.

Absolutely. They have already beaten Spurs and Liverpool however.

That is one thing with Pep that seems to divide opinion. Treating, publicly at least, these games as just 3 points. On the one hand I get why it is frustrating, on the other, takes that milestone round the neck off.
At home though - big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.