The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand by it that we’re winning this be 10+ points.

Doubt it. We'll try to win the other competitions if we are 8-10 pts clear in the PL and we'll play weakened teams in April/May as we did in 20/21. Arsenal are much better than United were back then, so IF we win we won't win by 10 pts. 6 pts max, imo.

It really depends on us getting 4 points against Arsenal, injuries permitting, only Newcastle might pose an alternative threat, but if we don’t finish top it is down to injuries or failing to capitalise. Arsenal are on course to get around 100 points but they aren’t good enough to achieve that, if Liverpool win every game from here they get 94, Newcastle might make 90, so I would say anything over 90 would guarantee another Premier League title, especially as it would mean we would probably need a draw and a win against Arsenal and at least a draw against Newcastle. Nobody else will come close.

It really depends on us getting 4 points against Arsenal, injuries permitting, only Newcastle might pose an alternative threat, but if we don’t finish top it is down to injuries or failing to capitalise. Arsenal are on course to get around 100 points but they aren’t good enough to achieve that, if Liverpool win every game from here they get 94, Newcastle might make 90, so I would say anything over 90 would guarantee another Premier League title, especially as it would mean we would probably need a draw and a win against Arsenal and at least a draw against Newcastle. Nobody else will come close.
Liverpool and Newcastle are getting no where near 90+ points, and I'd go as far as saying we will be the only team that does

My guess: City 88 pts, Arsenal 84 pts, the 3rd team around 78-80 pts.

We are probably better than last season, but the fixture schedule after the WC will be horrific and we'll drop more points than last season. That Arsenal are not in the CL and do not play European games in February is good for them. Think 86 pts is their ceiling this season.

By at least ten points.

Arsenal have an equally horrible set of fixtures coming up in January and early February.

Gabby will be going deep with Brazil.

I think we will be mid 90 points again with Arsenal bringing up the rear early 80s.

Looking at the table, both teams have already broken away from the rest and won't recover.

By at least ten points.

Arsenal have an equally horrible set of fixtures coming up in January and early February.

Gabby will be going deep with Brazil.

I think we will be mid 90 points again with Arsenal bringing up the rear early 80s.

Looking at the table, both teams have already broken away from the rest and won't recover.

Is gabby going to get picked? He wasn’t last time..

Is gabby going to get picked? He wasn’t last time..

He may make the squad, but it's not very likely that he will play a lot of minutes anyway. Another advantage for Arsenal is that most of their players won't play a lot in Qatar, whereas the likes of Rodri, Bernardo, Dias, Cancelo, KDB, Foden, Stones etc may well reach the quarters or semis.

I think it's a fantasy that we'll win the league by more than 8 pts. We'll go strong in the CL and other competitions if we are still in them come March/April. Also, we shouldn't take it for granted that we are going to win. People are free to bet their houses if they are certain in the title. Arrogance is pointless. A shock Arsenal win is definitely possible, albeit not probable right now. But was it probable that Liverpool will be 15 pts off Arsenal after 13 games? Football is great because it's a bit unpredictable.

It may be "Cityitis" but I am not as confident as some on here that we will win the league. The Arse have shown that they are now winning the "big" games, hell if we beat Chelsea away in the league I will be made up. We still have the Arse twice, Rags, Toon, Chelsea twice, Spuds twice and the dippers. They have played a lot more of the tricky games than we have. Coupled with the fact that teams seem to be just low blocking us (does not seem to happen as much to them) which we are finding harder to break down so far this season (new way of playing) I think they have to be considered the team to beat. I estimated 90-94 points but that was thinking the Dippers would be there, however whoever wins the league will definitely need high 80s as the Arse's start has been phenomenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.