The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind Arsenal, they seem like a reasonably nice bunch of lads. What I hate is the hype around them from clueless media twats and thick as mince ex footballers.

Northcroft in the times wrote a gushing article favourably comparing Arsenal’s front 3 Jesus Saka Martinelli to the dippers’ massively overhyped but (we must grudgingly accept) reasonably successful front 3 of Salah Mane Firmino. The Arsenal trio have won nothing and done nothing other than top the table for a while. Erling has scored only two goals fewer than those three combined.

Meanwhile on Sky the comms yesterday were hailing Arsenal as though they were one of the great teams because they were briefly two goals up away at a mid table team in disarray.

It’s all a bit silly.

The Brentford one was worst. All eyes were on the world cup

We should have settled for a draw but they have been a good team this season, Brentford.

They went to the Emirates and got themselves a draw.

For me, the Everton home draw was the worst result of the season. They were at their worst they had been all season and I felt we cruised into that game just thinking we needed to turn up to get a win.

Villa away was a poor one as well, but being away from home you can sort of accept it a little better and you can see now from their current position, they have quality in that team.

Following that the draw at Forest away when we should have capitalised after beating Arsenal the week prior. We had 30 shots or something ridiculous in that game. Never should have dropped points.

As long as it doesn't go last day again.

Not sure my old ticker could take another day like that.
I’d take last day, in our own hands right now, it might even still go to the last day if the Arse squeak a draw at the Etihad, but that would more likely mean we are in the dippers usual position. In fact we’d have to drop points in at least three games (realistically) for it to not go to the wire, as I don’t think Arsenal will stay perfect

I don’t mind Arsenal, they seem like a reasonably nice bunch of lads. What I hate is the hype around them from clueless media twats and thick as mince ex footballers.

Northcroft in the times wrote a gushing article favourably comparing Arsenal’s front 3 Jesus Saka Martinelli to the dippers’ massively overhyped but (we must grudgingly accept) reasonably successful front 3 of Salah Mane Firmino. The Arsenal trio have won nothing and done nothing other than top the table for a while. Erling has scored only two goals fewer than those three combined.

Meanwhile on Sky the comms yesterday were hailing Arsenal as though they were one of the great teams because they were briefly two goals up away at a mid table team in disarray.

It’s all a bit silly.
If Arsenal finishes this season with no trophies it will be hilarious. They should have been more focused on getting the Europa League.

It’s all a bit silly.
Yes, I physically cringed at the line "we are watching one of the great front threes" yesterday. Like...seriously? I'm not sure I'd have them above Henry, Pires and Bergkamp let alone Sterling, Ageuro and Sane or Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.