The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think City are in a transitional year, both in personnel and in playing style, going from false 9 to a regular 9 etc and you can see some of the difficulties. I think some are spamming low percentage balls into haaland too much and others haven't adapting well enough and are still trying to play the patterns from last year except there's one less player there now.

Its funny some of the podcasts seem to be under the impression this is city's best side or whatever. It might be a year or two down the line. But right now it smells of 2017/2020. Still some great moments and games but a general lack of consistency and confusion on the pitch.

Hopefully Arsenal aren't that good and erling carries us through.

Would the Champs league for us and Arsenal Premier league (was hard typing that) be excepted this season?
Yes i know we want to win everything but obviously that's not easily done.
I just feel that as long as the rags and dippers don't come into any of the equation this would probably be the best outcome if we don't have a clean sweep ourselves

Arsenal are playing much better than us, playing exciting football. They deserve to be where they are and I don’t see them falling off like many are predicting. They look better than us.

They've played Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Won it all.

We just played Liverpool.
We've played Newcastle, though.

Arsenal have also played Spurs and Liverpool at home, whereas we have played Liverpool away.

Think it's hard to compare at this stage of the season. Both will drop points, both have got difficult games to play. We definitely need to at least not get beat by them if the distance stays 5 points. Need to convert one of the losses to Spurs last season into a win as well.

Gotta say the people who come on here after every single dropped point season after season chucking in the towel are worse than any of the admittedly poor performances we saw on pitch today.

I suppose we're all spoilt too?
Just a few dropped points and a woeful performance against Brentford - nothing to be concerned about. Apologies.

Gotta say the people who come on here after every single dropped point season after season chucking in the towel are worse than any of the admittedly poor performances we saw on the pitch today.
It’s odd behaviour even in just that this is a thread at the start of every season where fans have a guess on how many points will win the league, it’s not a thread about whether we’ll win the league or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.